People Business Partner
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The Singapore People (HR) Team is looking for an innovative Sr. People Business Partner to act as senior collaborator and partner in a compelling, fast-paced environment. You will deliver a full spectrum of People deliverables that align with the businesses’ strategic goals. This is a superb opportunity to join an entrepreneurial and ambitious company that is intently focused on creating the very best impact to our customers and our employees.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills:
- You have strong presentation skills (in both presentation creation and delivery)
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Ability to collaborate across a wide range of global and business teams
- Ability to design and execute programs that meet the clients’ needs
- Ability to coach and influence across countries and cultures:
- Coaching, influencing, problem-solving and facilitation skills are critical
- Displays integrity and ethics in handling confidential information:
- Able to use data and analytics in problem solving to influence key business outcomes
- Business knowledge / acumen:
- The ideal candidate will display a depth of understanding of the business organizations, including key business functions and processes.
- Organizational Development:
- You will need to understand the needs of the organization in terms of achieving maximum organizational performance and efficiencies. Advises and influences managers on key organizational and management concerns.
- Talent and Performance Management:
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on all performance, including identifying key talent, organizational planning, recognition and rewards, attendance/performance issues.
- Compensation / Benefits:
- Executes compensation and benefits programs (annual salary planning process, salary surveys and analysis, benefits programs, and employee services).
- Partner with the Recruiting organization to find opportunity and inform strategy.
- Understands the training/development needs and acts as liaison with appropriate groups.
- People Metrics:
- Provide insightful reports and analysis of essential People data to leadership through line management. You will recommend programs and/or enhancements as necessary.
- Ability to strong business partner to the top management yet able to carry across a personable communication to the rest of the employee (across functions / levels)
- Possess key leadership skills: Commitment to achieve, Emotional Intelligence, Self-Awareness, Delivering through others and Lead by example
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills
- Self-starter, Change Impetus and ability to challenge status-quo with a well thought plan / solution for the business
- Proven experience and credibility to influence and partner with diverse professional teams and senior partners in a rapidly changing, complex, multicultural environment
- Ability to be credible and build rapid trust
- Strong business insight, and understanding of the impact of developing people on overall corporate performance. Ability to produce relevant metrics to define and back up strategy, and to handle budgets for business benefits and maximum efficiency
- Knowledge of relevant legal policies, regulations and risk management
- Good understanding of competitive landscape and market practices in APAC
- Advanced level presentation /facilitation skills
- Role model behaviours in line with the People Standards
- Self motivated & not afraid to roll up sleeves
- Customer/client centricity/Service orientation, excellence
- Learning /Growth mindset
In this role, you will: Create and implement a HR agenda that supports the growth of the business Act as a change agent to enhance employee engagement and retention Identify HR risks and propose and implement solutions Provide mentoring, support and guidance to senior management team You will need a minimum of 8-10 years work experience in similar People/HR roles, preferably in mid-to-large size businesses, high-tech and multinational company is strongly preferred You will demonstrate proven ability to think broadly, while also dealing with detailed information and executing critical tasks Ability to exercise tact to resolve sensitive people issues
Education & Experience
Degree, MBA a plus
- is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.