Regional Planner & Buyer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Support and Service
Apple is a renowned brand name and leader in the technology field who has achieved success in the market place through its ability to take the lead in developing innovative products, and creating demands in the market place. An opportunity exists for a highly motivated professional to join the service and parts team within the growing Operations area. The Refurbish Planner/Buyer will own the supply/demand planning and overall performance of refurbish programs for AppleCare in APAC. He/she will act as a focal point in communication and execution of the supply/demand plan to achieve quarterly refurbish targets while meeting AppleCare’s overall goals. The incumbent is required to perform regional planning & procurement and to maintain a smooth flow of parts and products, maintain & improve processes in inventory management, new product introduction, and part obsolescence. Additionally, he/she will be expected to support new initiatives or customers in the area of enterprise and B2B business. The role will require interfacing with various functional groups – WW Refurbish Planners, Commodity Managers, Quality Engineers, Finance & Distribution centers to compile, validate, communicate and implement service & distribution plans that support the business strategies
- At least 4-6 years experience in a Planning &/or Procurement role, with tertiary qualifications.
- Experience in Reverse Logistics or Service Parts industry is preferable.
- Prefer candidates who have experience with automated reports and data analysis.
- Able to remain focus and work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and deadlines whilst multi-tasking.
- Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and problem solving skills in a changing, dynamic environment.
- Able to work independently and work with regional and global team to deliver results.
- Able to communicate well in English and work effectively across functions and at all levels as well as in virtual teams.
- Meticulous with a strong business acumen and customer satisfaction focus.
- Demonstrate innovation to drive Continuous Improvement in processes
- Experience with SAP, in particular R3 MM/PP as well as APO, and Excel is preferred.
Planner Role: •Responsible for Refurbish supply/demand planning for APAC region. •Analyze weekly actuals and forecast to develop a weekly refurbish supply plan that meets customer demand as well as refurbish targets. •Publishes and reconciles weekly supply plans to ensure deltas and gaps are clearly communicated and bridged. •Coordinate weekly conference calls with AMR/EMEIA teams to sync on refurbish supply and demand. •Achieve quarterly shipment target. •Ensure target fill rate, minimize backlog and expedite backlog recovery. •Periodic update of backlog recovery plan to refurbish operations. •Maintain data integrity and system data. •Recommend excess inventory for reclaim, reuse, resell as refurbish. •Manage Refurbish New Product Introduction (NPI) in region. •Manage new initiatives, new enterprise and B2B Business introduction. •Manage stock transfers. •Optimize refurbish planning processes. •Work with Global Materials and Engineering for material changes. •Work with WW SDM team to ensure supply plans meet the target. •Work closely with China operations team to ensure sufficient capacity and materials to meet quarter targets. •Coordinate issue resolutions, application enhancement requests between business and warehouses. •Support compliance program. •Drive or participate in projects assigned. Buyer Role: •Manage parts repair turnaround by expediting and streamlining repair cycle and drive parts return from channel. •Manage external goods shipments and receipt, resolving discrepancies. •Drive replenishment and local procurement/ repair management. •Manage procurement and repair activities, validating pricing and payment requirements. •Achieve KPIs (OTV WOR target, Ageing PO)