Global Finance Projects Program Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. The Global Finance Projects team has an opening for a Global Finance Projects Program Managerin Singapore. The Site Leader’s portfolio will be primarily Asia-based but could include WW finance-focused system implementation projects including business expansions for Apple’s direct and indirect channels including Apple Retail, Online Store, Internet Services, new Payment Methods, Operations, AppleCare and Compliance projects. For this critical role, Apple is looking for someone with 10+ years of Finance business and systems project management experience. This role will include leading a team of project managers in Singapore.
- The Program Manager role may require some degree of travel internationally. You will be able to function in a fast paced, dynamic, global environment and capable of stabilizing multiple priorities that are deadline driven.
- You have excellent managerial, technical, analytical, and communications skills along with experience working with cross-functional teams. Proven business judgment, including fact-based and data-driven decision-making are critical along with the ability to work well with all levels of leadership and an ability to actively engage partners and customers to ensure that projects are done on time and within budget.
- 5+ years people management experience
- Ability to motivate, coach and develop experienced and developing project managers
- Ability to maintain portfolio status including assessing risk, developing mitigation strategies and presenting status to Finance leaders
- Project life cycle systems implementation experience with SAP or other Finance systems
- Successful finance business process re-engineering experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills including, business and functional requirements, management level presentations and proposals
- Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with global business partners
- Ability to innovate and share standard methodologies with members of the team and worldwide GFP Site Lead counterparts
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to deal effectively with ambiguity will also be significant.
- Ability to handle the program portfolio tracking each project’s issues & risks
- Working knowledge of common financial terms, key processes and theories
- Fluent in English, additional language skills are a plus
•You will work closely with Retail, Apple Online Store, Internet Services, AppleCare, Operations, Apple Financial Services, Shared Services (GFSS), IT (IS&T), Tax, Legal and other organizations in order to complete critical projects on time, and on budget while meeting key business capabilities. •You are to lead project timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition in accordance with Apple Finance standardized Project Lifecycle process. •You will prepare or be responsible for the preparation of the project organization, breakthrough roadmap, business requirements documents (BRD), request for proposals (RFP), business process documentation including inputs & outputs, project success metrics and management presentations. •You will act as a liaison between the business and technology groups to ensure business project needs are met. •Identify and manage the major project milestones which require to seek out material issues impacting the project and quickly resolve the issues to ensure timelines and functionality expectations are met. •Communicate project status on a regular basis, monitor and manage project risk throughout the life of the project, prepare the business for change readiness as well as conduct post implementation audit reviews.
Education & Experience
•Bachelor's Degree minimum in an area of accounting or finance; CPA, MBA or PMI/PMP preferred or you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in the area of information systems.