CDN Performance Data Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. As a member of the Apple CDN engineering team, you will help build APIs and tools for analyzing our performance data. Our service is used by millions of people with an iPhone or Mac and we want to make sure that we’re serving each of them in the best possible way.
- Relevant education or work experience
- Software development experience (Python, Go, SQL, etc)
- Data science tools such as Python scipy stack (numpy, pandas, etc), R
- Experience analyzing statistical qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience with data processing pipelines, ideally Hadoop and related technologies
- Experience or interest developing visualization with D3.js and related tools a plus
- Knowledge of Hadoop-related technologies such as Spark, Hive/Pig is a plus
- Interest or experience with machine learning algorithms
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
- Other things you will learn about if you’re not already familiar are network routing, basic BGP logic, DNS, GSLB systems, the difference between transit and peering between networks and much more.
- We are not looking for experts in all of the above; we are looking for someone with passion and experience to have a good sense of best practices (in related work is fine), and the ability to ramp up on these topics quickly as needed.