Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Are you eager to use your technical skills to improve efficiency in business processes? Do you love solving coding problems and find the challenge exhilarating? Do you enjoy learning new and emerging technologies? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on multiple applications in various states of the Software Development Life Cycle. The ideal candidate would possess 5 or more years of industry experience in developing and supporting business automation tools. You will work closely with business users, Automation project managers and Information Services and Technology (IS&T) to address support requests and spear head development for key automation tools.
- 5+ years of experience in programming.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git and Subversion.
- Experience with Angular.
- Experience with SAP, PostgreSQL, NodeJS and ExpressJS a plus.
- Experience with Process-driven applications and/or Oracle BPM a plus.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies a plus.
- Self-driven, independent, and accountable.
- Detail-oriented with a strong sense of curiosity and intense desire to succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to deliver even with tight deadlines.
- Able to perform in high stress scenarios.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Ability to understand business needs, articulate trade offs, and discuss solutions with the project manager and business users.
- Willing to learn from and freely share knowledge with others, and comfortable participating in cross functional teams
- Able to work independently or on a team, and in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable with initially undefined projects
- Able to manage initiatives in various regions across the globe
- Flexibility to work beyond regular work hours to support Call Center office in other regions.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Experience with contact centers is a plus.
Work outstandingly even with less supervision. Bring structure to one’s own work. Manage a portfolio of complex, fast moving projects in a dynamic environment. Manage existing tools that is widely used by the business. Come up with ingenious ways to automate business processed or to address business process issues using technologies that the team is using. Analyze and resolve production issues working independently. Give fast and accurate resolution for trouble tickets. Create and maintain project and system documentation, including development and testing procedures. Accurately give level of effort for projects and major outages or issues. Timely and proper dissemination of information in case of outages, critical issues and sensitive projects. Thoroughly review and analyze enhancements requests from business users in order to determine level of effort is justified. Ensure adherence to global systems, standards, and processes. Participate in UAT efforts for a variety of projects with stakeholders. Support reporting request as requested by business and technical partners Supporting technical infrastructure via regular, weekend on-call rotation. Share technical knowledge within the team.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience