Product Localization Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
Reporting to the Pacific Product & Launch Readiness team in Singapore, you will program/project manage compliance related projects across the regions. You will be responsible for ensuring that all products are not only fully aligned with regional in-country regulations, but adhere to Apple’s vision pertaining to branding and design aesthetic. In order to be successful in this role, you should have an in-depth knowledge of the regulatory requirements in the region. In addition, the you will have to work collaboratively with Regulatory Compliance Team to aim for best-in-class product certification lead-time and ensuring the most efficient time to market for new products in the Pacific region. Timely communication of the certification schedule to the wider Ops team and precise execution of the NPI certification plan are the fundamental deliverable for the role.
- Extraordinary ability to establish relationships with both working and higher management teams.
- Excellent leadership and influence in a matrix organization.
- In-depth experience in program and/or project management.
- Excellent communicator (Verbal/Written).
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong Analytical and business process re-engineering skills along with a superb attention to details.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and thrive under pressure.
- A Desire to operate “Hands On” in the role.
- Self motivated individual who thrives working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment with a great sense of urgency.
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience in a consumer electronics environment
This role collaborates closely with various cross-functional teams including Planning, Logistics, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Government Affairs., and etc. Experience and knowledge of multiple disciplines including supply chain management (order management & fulfillment, supply demand management, manufacturing, logistics fulfillment etc), and product management (localization, certification and new product launches) is critical. This role requires a strong leader who can make things happen, lead the resolution of issues, keep people on schedule, mind every detail, and operate under conditions of incomplete information and ambiguity with agility and comfort. Effective communication, extraordinary project management and analytical skills are needed. Key Responsibilities - Drive & Lead business process Change. Assess current business processes for improvement opportunities. - Drive alignment and consistency in solutions, ensuring they meet Apple’s Strategic Goals. - Document and implement new processes effectively through change management and cross-functional collaborations. - Influence decisions through collaboration, leadership and customer-focused approach. - Effectively handle all projects/programs, providing timely updates and elevating critical risks to cross-functional and executive teams as required. Drive, track and publish New Product Certification Lead-time - Ensure Perfect execution of POR. - Ensure process integration across organization, both regionally and globally. Advisor to business managers/users in deriving the best practices/processes and IT capabilities to support the business. - Leadership and/or Participation in actual product localization bill-of-materials (BOM) work may be required. - International Travel may be required.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required. MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Operations in a consumer electronics environment
- At least 4-6 years of proven people management experience
- Track record of successfully leading complex projects/programs