APAC Privacy Counsel
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property by providing legal support for all our products and businesses globally. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. As Privacy Counsel you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and experienced team on privacy issues impacting Apple’s business and products globally. You will work directly with business and engineering teams to design innovative privacy solutions for products as well as across the legal department on Apple activities and regulatory issues.
- Excellent academic credentials 5-9 years privacy experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house, prior work with MNC a plus.
- Strong understanding of Asia-Pacific privacy, data protection and security laws, in particular for South East Asia, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and China is a must.
- Experienced in handling privacy complaints and breaches.
- Experience in privacy by design reviews and projects, doing data protection impact assessments (DPIA).
- Experience in drafting and negotiating privacy related contracts, developing compliance and auditing frameworks
- Extraordinary written and verbal skills in English is a must
- Fluency in Mandarin, Korean or Japanese language is a plus
- Ability and commitment to work both independently and collaboratively with numerous people at all levels throughout the company
- Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to handle multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change
- Demonstrated ability, in a positive, commercial and practical manner, to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Admitted to practice law in one jurisdiction relevant for Asia-Pacific practice
At Apple we are about creating great products. Part of making products great is designing products that respect consumer security and privacy. This role offers the opportunity to work directly with key members of the business, engineering and legal teams on a variety of cutting edge projects including: privacy by design reviews and projects support compliance and auditing frameworks, advise on privacy aspects of licensing and procurement deals, ensure privacy compliance with local legal requirements and internal policies, analyse lawful responses to law enforcement requests, assist with drafting of policies and procedures surrounding privacy laws working closely with Government Affairs and Compliance as well as provide support to other legal, business and operations functions, including HR, Internal Audit, Security, Procurement, Finance and IS&T as needed.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Laws.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.