Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for an experienced attorney to lead our Asia Pacific legal team. You will manage a seasoned team of attorneys and other legal professionals that stretches across a diverse region from Japan and Korea through Southeast Asia to Australia and New Zealand. The team supports Apple’s commercial efforts and works closely with Apple sales and operation teams in the region. You will partner closely with colleagues in Cupertino and around the world to craft commercial legal strategies that support our sales efforts. This role also provides regional front-line support on a number of other aspects of Apple’s business.
- Experience managing attorneys and other legal professionals
- Foster and facilitate teamwork by cultivating relationships, counseling, collaborating, and effectively communicating with teammates and cross-functional partners
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Assess and articulate complex and nuanced legal risks in a simple and straightforward manner. A practical approach to legal risk and problem solving skills is essential
- Navigate and resolve diverse and complex issues in imaginative and effective ways while displaying sharp business insight
- Strong commercial experience, whether that be in transactional, regulatory, compliance, litigation or contract experience
- Comfortable responding to crises - ideally, you have effectively counseled business teams on complex legal and regulatory matters with prior experience engaging with regulators, and have strong experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
In this role, you will lead a team of attorneys who support Apple’s APAC sales and operations efforts (Greater China is outside the scope of this role). Your team will collaborate with other legal groups and advise executives and their sales, operations, and retail business teams on a variety of matters. At the same time you will be expected to be an individual contributor and not merely a people manager. Apple operates a flat structure and you will not simply manage the team but to also do the work. You will also help formulate legal and regulatory strategies and advise on and provide novel solutions to mitigate risks. You will also monitor regulatory developments in the region and partner with other in the legal organization, government affairs and the business to respond to any regulatory issues. The location of the role is flexible but it would ideally be based in Tokyo, Singapore or Sydney. Travel is expected.
Education & Experience
Requires a law degree and excellent academic credentials