Technical Support Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. There is a phenomenal opportunity for a talented support engineer to join a global team supporting the Apple Online Store, a multi-channel world-class eCommerce platform.
- You are an expert in object-oriented programming (Java, J2EE, Spring or other MVC framework), Service Oriented Architectures, and RESTFUL services.
- You are knowledgeable and acquainted to using Angular JS, Require JS, D3 J3, Angular Material.
- You have the competence to go into the code repository and understand the features/functionality offered by the platform.
- You are technically astute and skilled to understand complex issues and participate in discussions with the engineering teams.
- You possess working knowledge of a major relational or NoSQL database (e.g. Oracle / Cassandra) and a deep understanding of distributed messaging systems.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, with capability to present to technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are a self starter and willing to challenge the status-quo while consistently striving for improvement.
- You hold prior in experience supporting large scale eCommerce environments is a plus.
The role, technical in nature, requires the individual to gain deep technical knowledge and understanding of the eCommerce platform to provide technical support to our business and core engineering teams, as well as providing technical and design leadership and development of the support and monitoring tooling landscape. Strong people skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to take complex technical topics and distill them in easy to understand layman terminology, will round out the core responsibilities of the role. Your primary responsibilities are likely to be balanced in the following proportions to doing : - 50% Support Tooling Development Focused - 50% Level 1 Support, Technical Analysis and Monitoring
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or significant industry experience or equivalent is required