People Business Partner
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Do you have a passion for helping others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? Do you have a strength in managing multiple competing priorities? As a member of Apple’s People group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of talented perfectionists, visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help them grow professionally and support them in work and life. Join us and help build and keep the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products. We are looking for a People Business Partner / HR Business Partner to support the AppleCare team. AppleCare is Apple’s premier Service and Support organization providing award-winning technical support and product service to our global customer base.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a HR business partner, generalist and/or management role
- Experience supporting a contact center environment and/or large, non-exempt employee populations
- Proven ability to work in heavily matrix environment with global teams.
- Highly collaborative and flexible style
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to resolve sensitive issues
- Ability to design and execute programs that meet the clients' needs
- Coaching, influencing, problem solving, and facilitation skills are essential
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help managers and employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
- Proven ability to influence various levels of leadership without direct authority
- Experience using and crafting Excel spreadsheets with the ability to interpret and provide significant insights and recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to navigate and thrive in a face paced and dynamic environment
In this role you will partner closely with the global People team and business partners to deliver the full spectrum of strategic and tactical HR services and programs to Apple’s support organization. You’ll provide direct support to regional contact center leaders to frame the People/HR agenda supporting the business objectives, driving key initiatives across site and home-based teams. Providing relevant data and recommendations to guide decision-making related to compensation, organisational structures, retention, promotions and other activities, are key aspects of this role. Specific responsibilities: Organisational Development: Understands the needs of the organization in terms of achieving maximum organisational performance and efficiencies. Balances the needs of the business, employee and customer. Consults and influences senior management on key organisational and management changes. Talent & Performance Management: Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on all performance related issues, including high potential and key talent decisions, succession planning, bonus management, performance improvement, and terminations. Coaches leaders to enhance performance/effectiveness. Recruiting: Act as liaison between site Recruiting functions and line organisations. Ensures high-volume hiring is on track to meet goals. Participates in interview process for management and key hires. Oversees the temporary worker process to ensure compliance with co-employment requirements. Employee Relations: Working with ER partners, ensures appropriate staffing levels and delivery of ER services to managers and employees. Identifies and implements pro-active ER programs to drive improved morale and organisational performance. Manages escalated issues and dispute resolution processes. Compensation & Benefits: Execute Corporate compensation and benefits programs (compensation planning, salary surveys performance review process, etc.). Partners with management and Benefits to assist with the management of leaves, disabilities, and Worker’s Compensation. Special Projects: Contributes to special and cross-functional projects as needed. Incorporate customer satisfaction in all project activities, with the goal of providing an extraordinary experience. Learning and Development: Understands the training/development needs and acts as liaison with Apple University to provide appropriate development opportunities to the organization. People/HR Metrics: Track and report staffing, retention, attrition, and other necessary data to line management; recommend programs and/or enhancements as necessary.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.