Safety Supplier Audit Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is offered in Apple's Product Safety Engineering group within Apple's Product Integrity organization. Our mission is to ensure that Apple products are safe for use throughout the world while staying in sync with worldwide safety requirements. The Product Safety Group seeks a high-energy, tenacious engineer with relevant experience and background in quality management, quality systems, manufacturing processes, and auditing. The ideal candidate is one who possesses a strong background in product quality, vendor management, and auditing. Experience in battery design and manufacturing is helpful. This position is based out of Shanghai and will require business travel throughout East Asia.
- - 7 to 10 years of Supplier Quality management or manufacturing process engineering; experience working in a high-volume consumer electronics environment preferred.
- - Management or supervisory experience required.
- - Knowledge of hardware manufacturing and familiarity with product design, along with associated process controls required. Demonstrated experience and familiarity with Apple products are highly desirable.
- - Proven leadership skills with a proclivity towards action and problem-solving are essential. Ability to work independently, yet also be a strong team-player who thrives in dynamic and ever-changing work environments.
- - Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with native fluency in Mandarin-Chinese and proficiency in English.
- - Experience with ISO, IEC, TS and other quality management standards highly desirable.
- - Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T), design of Experiments, and Statistical Process Controls highly desirable.
- - Experience with international and Chinese safety standards desirable. An ability to apply knowledge of these standards will be key to success.
- - Willingness to travel worldwide (up to 40%) in support of mission requirements, with emphasis in Asia.
- Conduct vendor-facing evaluations and audits to ensure consistency to both design and process specifications critical to Product Safety. Travel to various sites throughout Asia as needed to support audit activities. - Collaborate with internal partners and suppliers to conduct FMEA, map process flows, evaluate equipment/fixture designs, and manage validation activities for sustaining production. - Facilitate ongoing Safety field testing initiatives per Apple company mandates. - Review technical issues during mass production to ensure stable manufacturing processes aligned with Safety standards. Assess associated Process Control Plans and detect issues to generate ongoing risk assessments. - Demonstrate knowledge of Battery manufacturing, design, and quality control processes to ensure Safety-critical criteria are met on a sustained basis. This role may branch into other technology spaces as mission requirements dictate. - Develop deep understanding of Apple products and work with multi-functional teams to identify and address safety trends in field data. - Present trends and analyses to multi-functional teams and upper management.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) is required, with a minimum 7 to 10 years experience in product quality Management and/or Manufacturing. Postgraduate degree in relevant technical fields highly desirable.