Application Engineer / Technical Lead, Supply Chain Systems
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.Apple's IS&T department has positions for enthusiastic, self-motivated interns who are ready to be a part of a fast-paced and innovative work environment. As an Application Engineer, you will be part of the team that builds world-class business applications for World’s leader in Supply Chain, Apple Inc. As a part of IS&T SCI team, you will play a pivot role in building end-to-end , premier software solutions for Apple Supply Chain needs varying from Supply Planning , Demand Planning , Product distribution and so on. You will partner with various stakeholders to define and implement solutions that optimize our internal business processes.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in application development using latest/advanced Oracle database technologies.
- 5+ years of programming experience in Oracle SQL/PL-SQL,Python,Java.
- Thorough knowledge on UNIX/Linux platforms.Scripting experience with Shell, Python, XML , JSON, Advanced SQLs
- Experience with large volume databases for both OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Strong in object-oriented and client server architecture design.
- Experience in developing MAC OS Apps using Objective C,Swift
- Experience in developing applications for Supply Chain business domain focussing on Supply Planning,Logistics .
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion, Git (preferred)
- Hands-on experience in developing RESTful web-services
- Validated ability in supporting the expansion and maintenance of various Oracle database based solutions.
- Experience in Application Production support is a plus
- Ability to successfully lead and collaborate with consultants from vendor s/w companies, Offshore/Onshore model.
- Experience in several full system implementation life-cycles (Analyze, Design, Build, Test, Implement, Support).
- Ability to multi-task ,work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to look after ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and implement in short time;
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team.
- Experience in managing a team of developers and QA.
- You will work with application owners, developers , QA, project managers, Support teams and end users. Lead proof-of-concept and pilot implementations to demonstrate new ideas or illustrate the use of new technologies and how to apply it into our systems. - Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security. - You will be able to perform regular design and code reviews and participate in debugging and coding to resolve issues. Provide technical guidance and mentoring to a small team of software engineers; Develop critical system components as well as take bottom line for team’s timely deliverables quality and performance - Demonstrates proven understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing) and web technologies. - Participate in architectural design meetings for data/system integration projects - Team lead experience is a plus. Occasionally will need to handle Application Production (warranty) support. - Working with highly demonstrated outsourcing model
Education & Experience
B.S in Computer Science or equivalent.