Compensation Business Partner - Retail (APAC)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
At Apple, our number one resource is our people. Much more than just a place for amazing products, Apple Retail Stores and Online serves a comprehensive and diverse range of needs for its customers. As the Compensation Business Partner, you’re in charge of maintaining competitive compensation for the people focused on excellent customer service and support that inspires repeat visits and expands market share. In this role, you will help handle and manage Global Compensation programs for the Retail Stores and Online businesses in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. Consults on the implementation, communication, and administration of our global programs. Leads efforts in crafting an innovative compensation strategy, in alignment with Apple’s Global Compensation Philosophy. When it comes to managing projects, deadlines, communications, and ideas in different time zones, you’ve got it under control.
- You will have achieved a track record of consistent success leading Compensation programs across multiple APAC countries.
- Minimum 8+ years of demonstrable experience in a multinational company regional office.
- Experience in Retail (omni-channel), High-Tech, Hospitality, and/or Consulting industries.
- You are independent, self-starter with the ability to successfully run multiple priorities and take care of high-degree of ambiguity in a complex matrix structure.
- You hold a strong influencing skills with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently when advising senior leaders, cross-functional partners, and employee unions/works councils
- Solid team orientation with collaborative style. Flexible attitude and an ability to get involved in details while maintaining wider view.
- Excellent process management, planning and organizational skills. Resilient and determined to ensure projects and deliverables are achieved.
- Deep knowledge of competitive Retail and Technology market and prevalent pay practices, with strong networking skills.
- Robust analytical skills and business insight, with an ability to see the implications of actual and planned activities, adding value to management decisions.
- Validated ability to learn on the fly and maintain composure in a vibrant environment.
- Pragmatic, quick-thinking, and willing to take action to seek for results, with solid bias for customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Additional language skills a plus.
- High integrity and ethics in handling confidential information.
- Attention to detail and dedication to excellence.
- Good in excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Some domestic & international travel may be required for this role.
- Provide guide consulting on base salary, bonus, and equity programs - Balance administration of Global programs vs local requirements and competitive practices. - Deliver training to HR and managers on compensation philosophy and programs - Provides market-based recommendations to department leaders. - Develop a network of Compensation professionals for ongoing knowledge of pay practices and shifting trends. - Perform analytics from internal and external sources and actively provide recommendations to the business - Lead regional strategic projects while also running standard activities - Represent Compensation for any new country expansions for Retail in the APAC region. - Provide ad hoc support and develops strong cross-functional partnerships to support business needs. - Initiate and maintain strong working relationships with the broader Apple People Teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent CCP, GRP or other professional certifications a plus