International Design Producer - Apple Media Products
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
JOB SUMMARY Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s software platforms provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music or iTunes. Apple’s employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for an extraordinary Producer for our International Design team. This person will collaborate with the Design Manager to provide overall team leadership: You should be a strategic thinker, problem solver and task manager who wants to have their hands in several things at once. You can drive detailed design tasks and deliverables across a variety of products and teams; and who can collaborate well with others. You are responsible for all aspects of project life cycle: identifying customer needs, defining requirements, clarifying goals, leading project teams and design reviews, and using the knowledge and creativity of cross-functional partners to bring meaningful solutions to market.
- We are seeking a producer, or product manager, in software design or an agency with 7+ years of experience who have proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve results while juggling many projects and priorities.
- YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Keen ability to grasp complexity quickly and to focus on key issues.
- A compelling desire to deliver innovative and extraordinary UI design to our customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to constant change.
- Proficient with Keynote and Numbers.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
- Deeply experienced in handling remote work streams and stakeholders across multiple time zones.
- Proven experience with multi-disciplinary teams (Design, Engineering, Business, R&D, and others) to ideate, iterate, launch, and refine and new product designs.
- English Fluency a requirement. You will be supporting regional projects. Thus, you should be fluent in at least one of the following additional languages: Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Hindi, Arabic, or Portuguese.
You advance design efforts by diving deeply into the issues at hand, identifying and mitigating risks to the project, managing dependencies, representing the customer internally and strategically, and handling all issues impacting deliverables and schedules. This is a fast-paced team focused on complex design challenges. You will work closely with many other teams and will be an advocate for user experience. The Responsibilities include: Manage meetings and design reviews. Capture key ideas, decisions, issues, and action items in meeting notes. Track and report project health on a weekly basis, including communicating status and impending or projected deliverables. Negotiate priorities for the design team given limited resources and an aggressive schedule. Ensure timely handoff of design specs to engineering. Review builds to ensure design integrity has remained intact during implementation. Constantly improve processes and communications in an ever-changing, fast-paced working environment. Collaborate with the design team as a cross-cultural guide and translator, exposing what makes individuals, society and cultures unique while at the same finding the common ground that brings humans together and empowers them through technology Communicate expertise with a diverse range of subject matter in cultures, and, importantly, an ability to uncover new insights about emergent behaviors anywhere in the world. Extremely comfortable working in international contexts and traveling to Cupertino and other countries for collaborative projects and research. Excellent in facilitating and presenting, with the ability to both wow the room with narrative and engage audiences through debate and workshop techniques. Has worked on a large variety of project types across expansive geographies and market segments. Clear and concise communication, organization skills and ability to work across time zones. A confident and positive personality. Passionate about the Apple brand and committed in preserving its authenticity.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Business, Design or related subject.
- The position is based in Singapore.