Regional Supplier Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
This regional role based in Singapore is responsible for the management and execution of bulk freight (Air/Ocean) in countries in Asia Pacific. Your responsibilities include import/export portion for finished goods and after sales products/components routed between Original Equipment Manufacturers predominantly in China and regional Distribution Centres and Resellers in the Asia Pacific region. You will lead day-to-day operations driving excellent supply chain performance through our logistics suppliers and through a team of passionate logistics experts.
- 10+ years experience in logistics industry in air and ocean freight.
- Deep knowledge on customs export (China) and import within Asia Pacific region.
- Experienced in leading high performing teams and supporting development of team members.
- Experienced in fast moving customer focused organisation, ideally with high tech / high value shipments.
- Seasoned vendor management skills with consistent track record in developing and leading supplier performance.
- Able to identify and drive developments and improvements to important metrics (on-time performance, cost, etc.), systems and reporting and operational processes.
- Able to thrive in a matrix organisation with demonstrable collaborative approach.
- Creative thinker with a practical approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Takes initiative and challenge the status quo
- Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanour
- Able to travel within APAC and internationally.
Drive 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) partners for operations excellence around on-time execution, losses and damage, track & trace, freight payment metrics. Collaborate with 3PLs for strategic initiatives around capacity management, volume fluctuations, cost savings, process/system improvements. Engage our freight forwarder resources to drive operations execution, shipment reporting, and timely resolution of shipment issues. Support of new product launch processes including finished goods and service level components. Strong analytic skill set to identify trends that will improve overall cost management and lane capacity. Continually review and develop logistics capabilities to ensure was are able to scale our supply chains to cover our continued growth. Collaborate internally across various functions to overcome supply chain uncertainty. Drive cross functional initiatives with OEM and Planning teams to optimise shipments to reduce cost and increase capacity. Identify and drive service improvement initiatives. Lead and develop a team of Regional Supplier Managers, through specific targets and established goals set for the team. Drive Green initiatives to reduce carbon footprint by optimising shipments and identifying alternative shipping methods.
Education & Experience