Regional Supplier Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
This is a regional role based in Singapore, responsible for the management and execution of bulk/parcel freight (Air/Road) and Distribution Centre management in defined countries in the APAC region. Your area of coverage will include import/export portion for the revenue shipment and after sales parts routed from China OEM’s and regional Distribution Centers to end customers (private persons, Retail Stores & Resellers) as well as return shipments. You will oversee day-to-day operations, leading its 3rd party logistics suppliers across the line of business to meet or exceed service levels.
- 5-8 years experience in logistics industry across bulk/parcel freight and Distribution Center management.
- Strong functional knowledge on domestic & international air/road freight market, standard methodologies, industry benchmarking.
- Experienced in running Distribution Center operations and detailed understanding of processes.
- Deep knowledge on customs import/export, as well as CIQ and other local import requirements.
- Extraordinary vendor management skills and working experience with major 3PLs in APAC.
- Experience in B2B or B2C leading company is preferred, but senior account/operations roles in 3PL servicing same fields also considered.
- People management experience and group development skill set.
- Strong communication skills in English and preferably one additional Asian language.
- Takes initiative and challenge the status quo
- Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanour
- Creative thinker with a practical approach to problem solving and process improvement
Drive 3PLs (bulk and parcel) for operations excellence around on-time execution, losses and damage, track & trace, freight payment metrics. Collaborate with 3PLs for strategic initiatives around capacity management, volume fluctuations, cost savings, process/system improvements. Tap on freight forwarder resources to ensure operations execution, shipment status reporting and exceptions management, and timely resolution of shipment issues. Support of new product launch processes including finished goods and service level components Support of Retail store expansion Develop the best service level for the best Customer Satisfaction Score, evened with a strong cost focus Continually review of 3rd Party Logistics infrastructure and partners to ensure support for scale and growth. Ensure redundancy in supply chain network for critical lanes and segments. Build and strengthen relationship with vendors, ensuring they have a proper team structure in place aligned per our need and have clear goals aligned with yearly plans. Other projects and tasks as required. Identify and drive service improvement initiatives in countries responsible as well as Apple Worldwide initiatives
Education & Experience