Senior Designer, International Design (Japanese Focus)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for an extraordinary Senior Designer for our International Design team, based in Singapore. This person should specialize in Japanese culture, language, and design. This is a role for a strategic thinker, problem solver and visual communicator who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies; and who can collaborate well with teams. The Senior Designer will be responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements. Deliverables include design mockups, prototyping, and production of visual assets. You should flourish in a dynamic, ever-changing, and deadline driven environment. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- You should be someone who wants to influence their own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point of what you can achieve with the team.
- You should have:
- Extensive designing new products and services with global reach.
- A fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively.
- Experienced in collaborating in the execution of a design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes products engaging and successful across platforms and audiences.
- Proven strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keeps up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources.
- Experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype (low-fi and digital) their ideas across a myriad of Apple devices, experiences and scenarios.
- You are an extraordinary facilitator and presenter, with the ability to both wow the room with narrative and engage audiences through debate and workshop techniques.
- Worked on a large variety of project types across expansive geographies and market segments.
- Clear and concise communication, organization skills and ability to work across time zones.
- Fluence across product & service design, industrial design, graphic design, typography, photography, illustration and motion.
- A keen ability to craft work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to the wider creative team. Quickly and beautifully.
- A confident and positive personality.
- Passionate about the Apple brand and committed in preserving its authenticity.
- This role collaborates with US and other countries. Thus, English Fluency a requirement. Additionally, you should be fluent in Japanese.
You: Have a unique vision and be able to express it through beautiful visual languages, and lead the extension across a broad range of digital and physical mediums. Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams (Design, Engineering, Business, R&D, and others) to ideate, iterate and refine new product designs. Drive yourself and your peers to deliver the best quality of work, pixel perfect in every way, while embracing and encouraging new methods and ways of working. Lead the creation and stewardship of design languages and guidelines, and their evolution across different product teams and through numerous product releases. Act as a cross-cultural guide and translator, exposing what makes individuals, society and cultures unique while at the same finding the common ground that brings humans together and empowers them through technology. Communicate expertise with a diverse range of subject matter in cultures, and, importantly, an ability to uncover new insights about emergent behaviors anywhere in the world. Extremely comfortable working in international contexts and traveling to Cupertino and other countries for collaborative projects and research.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Design
- YOUR PORTFOLIO SHOULD DEMONSTRATE:
- A conceptual thinker who is strategically-centered, wildly creative, and obsessively meticulous.
- A command of visual and communication design principles.
- Stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability.
- Strength in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, breaking those down to elemental level with clear systems thinking.