Enterprise Services Technical Support Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Support and Service
Work in the AppleCare Enterprise Services Technical Support group as a senior technical contact providing advanced technical assistance via telephone, e-mail, and occasional on-site visits to ACES Enterprise customers deploying solutions based on Apple products. You will be required to work between the hours of 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM SGT, and be available as needed 7 days a week.
- Ability to collect information and engage in complex problems as well as willingness to work with team members asking and answering questions.
- Experience with integrating, aiding support for and troubleshooting Apple products in dynamic environments.
- Experience using client and device management tools such as Mobile Device Management software and supporting and fixing Microsoft and UNIX operating systems and directory services.
- Knowledge of UNIX command-line, scripting, backup/restore operations, network storage solving a plus.
- Self starter with excellent Enterprise level customer-facing interface skills along with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Normally requires previous senior-level department server administration experience.
- Provide solutions to technical problems for system administrators deploying, managing, and integrating Apple products with third party products and server platforms, or networks. Assists in the creation and maintenance of technical resource documents and other operational duties within the department. - Work with customers to address post-sales technical customer support issues. Crafts and tracks technical critical issues retaining customer issue ownership in order to provide timely follow up with customer as required. Researches order and repair status for customers. Reviews warranty claims. Works with many multi-functional groups including Apple Sales, Product Engineering, Product Marketing, and service groups within Apple, to champion and resolve customer issues. Responsible for effectively positioning Apple's support products and technical solutions. Follows established procedures. - You will have maintained above average attendance and phone metrics in the most recently held support position. He or She will be a strong advocate for happiness of customers. Have excellent general knowledge of networking and server administration, with strong technical foundation in troubleshooting theory and aptitude. Validated experience with iOS, Windows, or Unix, administration is ideal. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: - Strong self-motivation and flexibility and willingness to accept additional responsibilities as they develop - Research, investigate and provide high quality responses to technical enquires and maintain an ongoing authoritative knowledge of diverse technologies and able and willing to pursue new roles, assignments, and responsibilities as needed. - Solving OS X, Airport, iApps, Mac OS X Server, RAID, Xsan, and iOS devices and arrange repairs for multiple product types and maintain knowledge of special contracts and procedures for high volume schools. - Occasional (scheduled) domestic and international travel, after-hours, weekend, and on call duty rotation. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
Normally requires AA/AS degree or BA/BS plus 1-2 years of experience in a customer service/support environment, or equivalent experience.