Technical Project Manager / Technical Lead
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually re-imagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a passionate Technical Project Manager to join the APAC Sales Systems team in Singapore. The role will be responsible for leading and implementing business critical applications for the Channel Sales business, partnering with highly skilled global and regional colleagues. You will have demonstrated strengths in project management, technical expertise and aptitude towards solving complex business problems.
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and implementing complex functional and business critical transaction systems
- Extensive experience working in a matrix environment, proposing, negotiating, marshalling and managing business and technical partners to get things done
- Solid experience working in a large enterprise, global environment, dispersed teams across multiple time zones and geographies
- Good communication (written, verbal) and collaboration skills
- Strong object-oriented programming and design experience in Java, Spring
- Good experience with No-SQL (Cassandra) and SQL (Oracle, mySQL) database
- Good experience with high throughput batch processing and/or streaming systems (Kafka, Spark)
- Practical experience providing and consuming RESTful web services
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs in a distributed and data center environment
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Mandarin would be great asset
- Some experience with Swift, Xcode, MacOS desirable
- Experience in the Channel Sales / Retail domain desirable
You are an experienced project manager with good technical expertise, solid track record in software development, committed to customer experience, a strong leader and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to be qualified for the role. You are comfortable with initially undefined projects (ambiguity), believe in collaboration with cross functional teams to shape new solutions and able to draw on your technical expertise to lead and implement global and regional solutions. Ideally you are hands on and love working across the full spectrum of the development lifecycle. You will lead and deliver all assigned initiatives per agreed scope, time and budget Build and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of key partners regionally & globally, including business partners, application owners, project managers, engineers, and infrastructure teams You will handle several projects simultaneously, of varying scale and complexity, including the definition of project plan, development and execution of the project plan, scope definition, risk management, delivery management, resourcing and budgeting You will work with the business and technical teams on requirements gathering for key projects. Review these requirements to ensure completeness and clarity, and establishing expectations for the functionalities and services to be delivered You will provide technical direction to development team and translate requirements into detailed design Support the development process, including QA, design/code reviews, code management, documentation, testing and support Maintain a good understanding of functional and technical changes in key solutions, assessing regional impact and communicating to key partners You will manage project communications - status reporting, business communications and management updates, leadership updates and direction to development/delivery teams Develop and drive product roadmap working closely with business partners Size technical efforts for business requirements and manage application budget You will analyse the efficacy of current solutions and business processes. Identify system and process improvements through enhancements to existing solutions and recommending new solutions and system utilisation.
Education & Experience
Masters / Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent with 7-10 years experience directly related to role requirements.