Video Associate Creative Director (Visual Design)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
People at Apple don’t just design products — they design the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Media is looking for an exceptional Associate Creative Director to lead the Video Content Design team in Asia Pacific. This is a role is for a true creative. A design thinker, communicator, and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can work across media types, screens, formats and technologies, and who can collaborate well and is dedicated to shaping lasting meaningful experiences for our users. The Media Products Content Design team conceptualizes, designs and creates the content experiences for some of Apple’s most visible products. Your ideas can impact the way people consume media products, what they look and feel like and how they’re used by millions of people across the world.
- You should have:
- Extensive experience in design or creative leadership; bonus for experience with theatrical design firms, publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography and illustration
- Real Passion for cultivating relationships, managing and mentoring creatives, and the ability to use that rapport to align teams around a vision
- Experienced in developing and executing an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences
- Author, share and merchandise ideas in a cogent and inspiring manner
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centered
- Experience creating and leading the output of editorial design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.)
- Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative and iWork suites
- Strong photographic sensibility; sourcing, art-buying, editing, re-touching or capturing
- Demonstrate command of visual and communication design principles
- Excellent communication, both verbal and nonverbal
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prototype visual design work in situation
- Fluency in any of the above: motion, animation, sound design, mixing or editing
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision in an international context, as well as package and present solutions to the wider creative team. Quickly and beautifully.
- Act as a cultural guide, exposing unique, regional visual trends throughout Asia Pacific, and seamlessly applying them to the Apple brand.
You are a storyteller, a student of culture, someone who has an opinion about and wants to have an impact on consumption culture, and what that means. Whether it is strategizing about what our product(s) should be, both now and in the future, or driving the content that we are putting into our them, this role will have a wide mandate to imagine the present and future of what a TV service and its content can be. You'll have proven ability to deliver designs across multiple platforms that authentically represent content that ranges from cutting edge to classics to regional deep cuts is a requirement. You will have proven experience taking calculated risks that drive culture, have an exceptional eye for detail, a keen sense of what matters, and a belief that they can make a big difference. This is a leadership role that requires collaboration across multiple design, business, and production teams. This person will lead a team that will be responsible for creating original playlist artwork, campaign artwork, and featuring artwork that will appear on Apple Media Products. You: A fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively Are a cinephile with deep knowledge of the visual culture of current and past theatrical design. Keep up with the evolving landscape of available film, technology, and art Collaborate with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to solve complex problems with simple solutions Have experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of Apple devices, experiences and scenarios Have a keen understanding of cultural nuances within the Asia Pacific region Have ability to work on a global team, across time zones, date lines and traditional routine
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Information, Communication, Web Design or equivalent experience
- Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in delivering strategic ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- Passionate about the Apple brand and committed in preserving its authenticity
- English fluency a requirement. Additional language fluency in Mandarin, Japanese, or Hindi are advantageous.
- Willingness to travel to Asia Pacific markets which Apple operates services in at least once per year.
- This position is based in Singapore.