In-Region Camera Test Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. Do you love tackling big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Imagine what you could do here. The team is seeking extraordinary Camera Test Engineers to take responsibilities for the camera test technology development and production test implementation.
- Knowledge of GRR, machine buy-off, correlation required
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience
- Good fundamental EE skills
- Experience with prototyping solutions, image processing, camera testing methodology and production-level testing environments
- ME background or experience working with camera tester sockets, fixtures and auto-handlers is strongly desired
- Matlab programming skills and data analysis experience using Matlab/JMP is strongly desired
- Familiar with CMOS image sensor
Your responsibilities include developing production-ready test methodology and software (including image quality, electrical and optical testing) for camera system/module/component performance evaluation including CMOS sensor pixel, lens quality, actuator system, and illumination technologies. You should be familiar with megapixel CMOS image sensor technology, photographic lens selection and qualification, imager interfacing and tuning, implementation of camera systems in mobile products, have a strong knowledge of image sensor operation and Control, and be familiar with digital imaging pipeline and algorithm. In addition, you understand how to implement high precision and high-volume camera module test, including GRR, audit, and correlation.
Education & Experience
BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, or equivalent
- ~ 75% travel to both Apple Cupertino and suppliers' facilities across Asia will be required for testing development and production bring up