Lead Visual Designer, App Store
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
The App Store is the world’s largest and most innovative software store. Designed to make discovering apps and games easier than ever before, the App Store offers compelling stories, in-depth interviews, helpful tips and collections of must-have apps and games that showcase Apple’s unique perspective as well as help and inspire customers every day. Apple is looking for an extraordinary Lead Visual Designer to join our Apple Media Products Content Design team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating consumer facing graphics for Apps and Games Discovery features on Apple Media products throughout the Asia Pacific region. The graphics can be large and small graphic teasers, featured artist pages, or special events features. These graphics may also need localization so sensitivity to typography and composition is key.
- We are looking for a senior designer who:
- Demonstrates mastery of the Adobe Creative and iWork suites, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Has a deep understanding of local design trends, digital media, and cultural nuances for the Asia Pacific Apps and Games market.
- Possesses excellent graphic design skills.
- Has experience in creating motion graphics.
- Is an Expert in photo retouching skills.
- Has a deep understanding of typography for the web. Experience with typesetting in a variety of languages is a plus.
- Understands actions and batch processing image assets.
- Is experienced naming files according to production specifications.
- Has the ability to work independently to troubleshoot technical and process related issues.
- Demonstrates real passion and deep understanding of the Apple aesthetic, UI, and history.
The Lead App Store Visual Designer will be working alongside a global team of Designers, Editors, and Production teams. You relish in the details of production design and is also adept at conceiving and delivering original design concepts. All design at Apple is considered very closely by many teams. You will need to have experience working in a dynamic, iterative process and be able to professionally accept art direction and feedback. YOU SHOULD: - Excel in a time sensitive environment, under minimal supervision in an international context, whilst packaging solutions to the wider creative team, quickly and beautifully - Collaborate with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to solve complex problems with simple solutions - Have a keen understanding of local market creative and cultural nuances. - Demonstrate clear and concise communication, organisation skills and ability to work across time zones. - Have an extraordinary attention to detail. - Love for the Apple brand and committed in preserving its authenticity.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Web, Graphic, Information, Communication design or equivalent PORTFOLIO - Demonstrates proficiency in delivering strategic creative ideas across digital, social or static form factors. - Displays exceptional graphic design skills - Informs with clear and concise communication and organisation skills - Reflects strength in translating high level briefs into original visual styles and directions - All resumes should be accompanied by portfolio and/or website link.
- - This position is based in Singapore.
- - English fluency a requirement. Additional fluency in Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, or Hindi are advantageous.
- - Willingness to travel to Asia Pacific markets which Apple operates services in at least once per year.