International Business & Marketing Data Science Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is seeking an expert Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV and other services. You will work with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building models to drive strategy. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus collaboration with product, content, business, and marketing partners. We encourage independent decision-making and taking calculated risks. AMP Analytics collaborates with partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through deep quantitive research of the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Books and Apple Podcasts amongst other services.
- You have 2+ year of experience leading a Data Science team, preferably for a digital media or subscription business in Asia.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of data pipeline design covering database technologies, ETL, aggregation, code management, query performance optimization, peer review, and productionalization.
- You have trong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executive level leaders, peers and individual contributors across a range of functions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strategic mindset with an aptitude to condense complex concepts, analysis and models into actionable growth data products and strategies that will drive Apple’s digital media businesses.
- Working proficiency in Chinese or Japanese required.
-Lead AMP Business & Marketing Data Science with a focus on International markets by delivering actionable analysis, models and data products. - Lead, recruit and develop a team of high-performing data scientists focused on diving deep into large-scale data. -Craft how best to monitor, measure and understand the growth of Apple’s media businesses. -Undertake deep analysis to explain business drivers and provide insights that will propel strategy. -Generate regular presentations for C-level as well as reports key business owners. -Own and deliver against a prioritized multi-year roadmap for datasets and dashboards that will scale insights and actions. -Build customer segments and propensity models to help size opportunities and assess the impact of growth initiatives. -Increase internal adoption of advanced analytics methods including machine learning. -Work cross-functionally to deliver key strategic programs and partnerships that are aligned with business priorities.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field.