Apple Support BPR Project Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. An opening exists in the Asia-Pacific Business Process Reengineering Team of Apple Support for a Project Manager / Business Analyst, who will perform a combination of Project Management and Business Analyst responsibilities across the Asia-Pacific region. This role will support business process reengineering and systems automation activities in many of the following Apple Support business areas - Contact Centre operations, field service repair management, warehousing, freight & logistics, service parts planning and procurement, online services, customer relations, service contracts, business development/sales and finance. The role will have an approximate split of 70% / 30% between Project Management and Business Analyst activities. The Project Manager / Business Analyst resides in the Apple Support business and is the interface between the Apple Support business teams and the Information Systems & Technology team. This role on the Apple Support BPR team will, from a business perspective, prepare the required documentation based on the project size, get resources allocated to project team roles, effectively and clearly communicate project status, manage project risk, monitor the change readiness of the business as well as conduct post implementation reviews for Apple Support.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in project management, including management of scope, time and schedule, with balance of quality and risk management.
- Effective communicator with proven success at all levels of business communication. Facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, and demonstrated success at building teams and relationships with key people in local and remote sites. Demonstrated sound interpersonal and communications skills. Understanding of the business processes and ability to document them as needed by the project.
- Skilled in analysing and reengineering business processes, and recommending solutions. Experience in facilitating workshops and brainstorming sessions to gather business requirements. Ability to structure and coordinate user acceptance testing activities.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and basic project planning tools. Ability to travel up to approximately 5% of the time, primarily to Greater China and US.
This role requires working closely with the business to ascertain alternatives for key business problems. This involves gathering, prioritizing and validating of business requirements through interviews, workshops, working sessions, and from other information and documents. The incumbent will also need to write formal business requirement documents for projects/enhancements, map and design new business processes, re-engineer existing business process and define operational process metrics. The role will also involve project management duties: - Define the scope. - Manage, plan and organise project activities. - Act as a liaison between the business and technology teams to ensure business project needs are adequately met with technology solutions. - Develop business project plans/schedules while balancing business needs and expectations. - Identify and manage business project team to major achievements. - Define project roles and obtain key business personnel to support project roles. - Prioritise and delegate key project tasks to team members. - Identify and manage project risks throughout the life of the project. - Create and maintain issue logs to ensure accountability for resolution of key issues. - Communicate with the customers to ensure quality of product and service on a regular basis. - Identify and manage business partners.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree (essential), MBA (desired).
- Accomplished 5+ years experience in combination of business analysis and project management experience (essential). Consumer electronics industry experience (desired), service and support business experience (desired).
- Bachelors degree (essential), MBA (desired). Experience working in broader APAC region (desired).
- Consulting background experience (desired). Lean Six Sigma exposure (desired).
- Project Management certification (desired). Knowledge of CRM (e.g. Peoplesoft) and ERP (e.g. SAP) systems deployed in the consumer electronics industry (desired).
- Experience and familiarity with Apple's products is preferred.