Retail Network Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Knowledge of Cisco voice solutions including CUCM, CME, SRST, CUSP, Unity Connection, CUE and CUBE will be a plus.
- Knowledge of SIP protocol and ability to identify issues in different call flows and scenarios will be a plus.
- Solid grasp of WAN, LAN, Wireless LAN in a context of service provider, and/or very large-scale network environments.
- Proficiency in either OS X, Linux, or other variations of UNIX.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including proven abilities to adapt to dynamic project environments, while able to run multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong troubleshooting methodology and experience in an operational environment.
- Self-starter, ambitious, self-directed and self-sufficient
- Demonstrable understanding and experience with centralized configuration management, coordination and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Salt etc.
- Programming experience, e.g. Python, Jinja, and other web frameworks.
- Strong data analytics skills
- Good interpersonal skills, should be capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Good project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Real passion for writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, standard methodologies/documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Fluent communications in English (Chinese is a plus but not mandatory), in both writing and speaking to support the corresponding market.
- You will be responsible for the delivery and operations of WAN, LAN and wireless data network services for Apple Retail stores, mainly in APAC but also worldwide. - You will demonstrate clear leadership, collaboration, and social skills working with various business units, IS&T organizations, Retail Development and Operations, external vendors, service providers and global peer providers to deliver, support and maintain the networking infrastructure at all of Apple’s retail stores. You will need to handle existing store networks, tune wireless networks, maintain sustaining operations and become a business partner for Apple Retail. - You will take a lead role in the development and implementation of standards based systems, architecture and operational processes. This position is a primary support for the Apple Retail stores and as such this position will be part of an on-call rotation with pager duty required
Education & Experience
Minimum of 7 - 10 years of Network Operations and/or engineering/design background with in-depth experience in TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, MP-BGP, DMVPN, JunOS, Cisco IOS.