Software Engineer - Video
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people team up to do their best work. Together we build products, services and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Videos group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access content from multiple video providers on their devices while helping those video providers promote and monetize their work. The Videos group develops leading video contents apps on the iOS and tvOS platforms including but not limited to the TV.app, iTunes Movies, and iTunes TV Shows. Our group also integrates at the OS level to support videos related features in Siri, Spotlight, and Sign Sign-On services. The group is looking for a talented software engineer to help design and develop new features on our platforms.
- You’ve built projects using Objective-C/Swift, UIKit, and the iOS or tvOS SDKs
- You’ve deep understanding of object oriented design, memory management, and performance optimization
- You’ve had to deal with debugging performance problems, and you’re comfortable rooting out performance bottle-necks.
- You’re comfortable writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code. If you haven’t used GCD, you can learn it here. If you have, we’d like to hear from you.
- You enjoy paying attention to details almost as much as the big technical wins
- You've proven record of completing projects on-time and to specification
- You’re used to communicating with a diverse team, with both experts and novices, in technical and non-technical roles
We are seeking an energetic and self-driven software engineer who will play a central role in the delivery of video content. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of a strategic project that shapes existing and upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Ideal candidates are well-versed in development best practices, comfortable working in large code bases, can create tools and frameworks, and can balance multiple projects and deliverables.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical & Electronics, or relevant industry experience is required.