Escalation Engineer/Senior Engineer, AMP
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people team up to do their best work. Together we build products, services and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. Do you love being challenged and solving technical problems, and want to help others to get their technology working? The production support team in Apple Media Products organization is seeking an Escalation Engineer who has a real passion for providing technical support. Play a technical troubleshooting role for customer and partner issues in Apple services including App Store, Apple Music, iTunes store, TV App on all Apple devices. Be responsible for identifying, solving, documenting, raising and tracking issues. Work alongside engineering, customer support, business and operation teams to front tier 4 level escalations across the Apple platform. Be part of a global team. This role provides exposure to our entire technology stack and is an excellent opportunity to work closely with many teams, both engineering and non-engineering. If you are a problem solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, this may be the role for you. You will have the opportunity to untangle challenging problems within our highly complex technology platform.
- Ability to solve and debug complex, distributed applications.
- Python, Perl, Shell or other scripting languages will be preferred.
- Analyse client and/or server side logs in tools/systems (Sysdiagnose, Splunk etc).
- SQL or other relational database queries
- Customer Service/Support Environment
- Bug/issue tracking ticketing systems (Jira, Bugzilla etc)
- HTTP request and response capture tools (Wireshark, Charles Proxy etc)
- Good in Excel or Numbers
- YOU ALSO SHOULD HAVE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- High logical/critical thinking
- Ability to bring a positive, courteous, and engaged attitude to all interactions by "owning" the customer experience and you are able to provide support to all, including executive leadership
- Initiative to challenge processes & improve results
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time-management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to lead meetings and make presentations.
- Understand issues from the description and discuss with ticket originators to get clarity if needed. - Reproduce and investigate the root causes of unexpected application behaviour reported by customers, partners and other employees. - Apply critical thinking to come up with ways to reproduce issues which are edge cases, hard to reproduce. - Quickly and accurately assess the impact of an escalated issue and prioritize accordingly. Upgrade or downgrade priority based on analysis and convince ticket originators. - Collaborate with and coordinate multiple engineering teams to resolve defects in the system and drive features/alerts to avoid repeats of these incidents. - Act as problem manager for top issues. Provide updates and ETA for resolution to a wide audience, including management for all major incidents. - Finish investigation and coordinate resolutions for multiple issues coming to the queue every day in various priorities, within the agreed SLAs - Conduct postmortem for prevention and faster detection of issues. - Be on call. - Gain knowledge in new features, applications and payment methods. Take turns in documenting and training/share knowledge with the team. - Develop tools, scripts, processes, standard methodologies to improve quality and speed in handling issues
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in MIS, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience is required.