Inventory Planning and Operations Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
Retail Fulfillment Operations (RFO)is a fast-pace, dynamic organization that provides world class operations support to the Asia Pacific Retail team. We are seeking to hire an Inventory Planning and Operations Manager to lead the APAC RFO Inventory execution team, supporting scalable and efficient inventory processes for APAC Retail stores. You will also lead the retail demand forecasting and supply planning/execution for a specific product. Aligned with Apple’s global strategies and Worldwide functional teams, you will lead process initiatives to continually enhance the service levels and efficiencies of Apple’s Retail operations and cost to serve. The successful candidate will lead a team to manage the Inventory Execution team supporting in-store accuracy, service level, and drive analysis to find opportunities to implement positive change in Backstage processes, tools and systems. You will be responsible for leading a regional team based in Singapore.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Min 8 years of experience working in a Retail, Logistics, Planning, Finance, Operations environment in fast moving product industry
- SAP Knowledge preferred
- Big data management/Tableau experience preferred
- Strong people manager with a track record of developing and motivating talent
- Shown ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrix organization.
- Detailed and meticulous with business acumen and consumer focus
- Superb communication and positive energy and attitude
- Strong work ethics, perseverance and flexibility
- Strong analytical skills, should have the ability to evaluate, analyze and present data to executive level
- Practical and proactive approach to problem solving, solution oriented
Leads a team of individual contributors with functional responsibility for supporting Apple retail stores in performing receiving, inventory control tasks and discrepancy resolution, leading to highest standards in inventory accuracy and operations excellence Maintains key operational performance metrics and prioritize to maintain the SLAs for all day-to-day activities Develops and maintains all procedures used internally by execution teams and that are store facing Ensures operational procedures are followed accurately and efficiently Establish analysis/dashboards to monitor key inventory metrics such as Shrink, Scrap, Expense, Returns and challenge the status quo to improve processes and reduce costs Automate Key Performance Indicators and drive operational improvements toward supporting department goals and objectives Develops cross functional alignment on strategic fulfillment operations initiatives with operations and retail partners Define success criteria for new capabilities and partner with Retail and Operations to ensure reporting and metrics are established prior to go live. Ensure actual results are measured and tracked against these criteria Provide SME support to the APAC and WW RFO execution organizations to deliver process and system improvements to support scalable and efficient execution. Incorporates supporting the execution teams on the assessment and documentation of current processes with a view to standardization, automation & elimination of inefficiencies. Maintain right sized inventory targets in retail stores and hubs without impacting Retail service levels / in-stocks. Ownership of inventory targets at stores, drive Store Service levels actively at a Store/SKU levels on daily basis. Optimising the days of supply at SKU level. Improve product planning processes. Lead team to provide meaningful business insights through detailed analysis and understanding what are the key business drivers and market dynamics. Responsible for the management of new product transition planning and product launches, promotions to ensure minimal E&O and appropriate inventory balance
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Possess strong organizational skills to meet deadlines, assist staff in prioritizing work and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication, time management and analytical Skills
- Critical thinker, listener and able to provide succinct input
- Ability to articulate succinctly in complex circumstances
- Able to work cross-functionally