AppleCare Site Support Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Support and Service
Do you enjoy researching and resolving complicated technical issues? Can you quickly and effectively communicate technical troubleshooting steps to others? Do you enjoy analytical research and working in a global team? If so, this job could be for you. This position is focused on responding and managing technical escalations to Apple Internal groups for Apple Consumer software products and any related technologies. You will be the Technical Support Expert for the Contact Centres, Retail Stores, Apple Channel Support, and others as appropriate for the region. Site Support Engineering team interfaces with all groups involved in the technical escalation process including Senior AppleCare Technical Support, Customer & Executive Relations, AppleCare Engineering, Product Readiness Teams, Product Marketing, Legal, and other departments as necessary. The team is responsible for macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS software and related Hardware. You’ll work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced dynamic environment that demands high quality, creativity, and consistency.
- At minimum - significant experience (min. 2 years) at a Senior Technical Support level or higher for technical support with experience in supporting macOS, iApps.
- Knowledge of UNIX command-line and scripting a plus.
- Scrupulous attention to detail and technically proficient in Apple products
- Strong troubleshooting skills, ability to provide clear technical direction and solutions.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding follow through, organisational ability and high stress tolerance.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, self-motived and reliable
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver assigned work on time
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Additional language skills welcome.
- Record of significant or exceptional performance in most recent job assignments. Comes with high recommendation from recent managers.
- Strong self-motivation. Doesn't require frequent direction. Willing and able to put in extra time and effort as necessary.
- Strong team player who contributes to the inter-departmental collaboration locally and globally.
- Excellent people interaction skills.
- Flexibility - Able and willing to take on new roles, assignments and responsibilities as needed. Ability to work effectively on global teams and accommodate time differences when necessary.
Research, investigate, and provide high quality guidance to technical escalations. Capable of being a resource to provide guidance for complex technical issues, and ensure rapid identification of emerging issues. As needed, creation of technical documentation and other communications. Attending, contributing, hosting and coordinating meetings associated with assigned products. Routinely seeks out opportunities to interact with primary escalation audience through meetings, feedback, and other means. Work closely and maintain relationships with Corporate Field and Support Engineering, Channel Support and other business partners in identifying support issues to ensure fast turnaround of escalations. Flexible in schedule for meetings i.e. early morning, or at night when necessary, may require to work weekends during high activity periods such as product launches. Work on a regional basis to ensure the best possible resolution to improve the Customer Experience. Contribute to product quality assessment by analysing call data, escalations and other data sources. Provide regular feedback to Line Management. All other roles and responsibilities determined appropriate for a member of Support Engineering. Provide written support in English. Occasional travel could be required.