Finished Goods Distribution Centre Manager (South Asia)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
This is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. At Apple, we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined, and now can't imagine living without. Every day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do? If you want to be a part of our fast-paced and exciting Apple team, join us as our Finished Goods Distribution Centre Manager (South Asia). This is a regional role based in Singapore, responsible for the management and execution of the DC operations in Singapore, which supports countries in South Asia. The role covers DC activities such as inbound, outbound, reverse logistics and value added services. You will lead all aspects of the day-to-day operations, managing the 3rd party logistics suppliers (3PLs) across the line of business to meet service levels.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in logistics or supply chain with in-depth functional knowledge of key logistics processes.
- Equipped with strong business and operations knowledge within the relevant field, including B2C and Retail operations.
- Strong vendor management skills and working experience with 3PLs in APAC.
- Experience in B2B or B2C leading company is highly advantageous.
- Strong people management experience and group development skills.
- Highly adaptable and resilient to the challenges of a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships in a cross-functional team.
- Positive energy and attitude with a thirst for personal growth.
- Strong knowledge of Excel preferred.
- SAP, Business objects (or equivalent) and database skills will be an advantage.
- Creative thinker with a practical approach to problem solving and process improvement
Manage the 3PLs SLA performance, warehouse spent, SOW compliance in accordance to Apple’s requirements. Drive the 3PLs towards operations excellence on areas such as, but not limited to, operations execution, losses and damage, continuous improvement program, inventory accuracy. Lead 3PLs’ organization and their resources to support any required operations activities such as on-time execution, analytics and reporting, exceptions management, shipping accuracy issues, etc. Partner with 3PLs during key events such as new product launches, store opening to ensure a flawless and successful execution. Drive periodic review of 3PLs’ end-to-end platform to ensure support towards scalability and growth. Collaborate with 3PLs for strategic initiatives around capacity management, volume fluctuations, cost savings, process/system. Establish a robust vendor management structure to ensure 3PLs have appropriate team structures in place to support scalability and develop outstanding operations. Assess and facilitate region-wide change management programs. Support the cross functional teams in capital projects as the Subject Matter Expert. Develop executable BCPs within the supply chain network. Any projects & tasks as required.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline.