Data Engineer - Business Intelligence
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in an energizing environment where your abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If you are passionate about innovating to deliver insights through large-scale data solutions, then Apple’s Global Business Intelligence Data Engineer role is for you. Work with a team of committed Data Analytics and Engineers professionals, applying your standout combination of intuition for business and technical knowledge. We lead enterprise data stores with petabytes of data, process billions of rows of data in batch and real-time to provide solutions to our users helping them gain insight and to make informed business decisions. The Global Business Intelligence team provides data services, analytics, reporting and data science solutions to Apple’s business groups including Retail, iTunes, Marketing, AppleCare, Operations, Finance, Sales and external partners. Apple is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. You will engage directly with key business partners to understand the business strategies and solution needs, drive and lead technical design discussions with development teams. You should be passionate about data and its nuances, and enjoy getting hands-on in technical solution design and development work. In Apple, we leverage a diverse technology stack such as Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Designing, developing and scaling these big data technologies are a core part of our daily job You will enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are inspired to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business.
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency and quality of data
- Programming experience in building data pipelines and data analytics solutions, with in-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Oracle/Teradata/Vertica/Hadoop
- Should be proficient in writing Advanced SQLs and in performance tuning of SQLs. Experience with data science and machine learning tools/technologies is a plus
- Good programming experience in at least 1 of the following programming languages : C, C++, Java, Perl, Python
- Demonstrate strong understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Should be self-driven, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly
- Driven to learn business processes, analyse and understand data
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude
Deliver highly available, reliable, innovative data analytics applications, which involve hands-on development in data induction, building optimised aggregates or data sets and reporting solutions/visualisations Provide technical guidance, direction and problem solving to engineering team members. Drive technical excellence in software development and solution design. Use and help chip in to standard software engineering processes, improve development methodologies over time Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing design standards. Solid understanding of analytics needs and proactiveness to build generic solutions to improve overall efficiency Lead/work with many global teams, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams Keep up-to-date on the newest technology solutions in market to generate innovative ideas to solve business challenges We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 5+ years of experience in data engineering, computer science or data analytics field