Software Engineer/Senior Engineer - App Store Search, AMP
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like the stimulation and challenges of building a world-class, extraordinary scalable system? Then this is the opportunity for you at Apple! We strive to provide a flawless experience for our for millions of customers and developers. The App Store Search Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to help build next-generation search features for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. Our Search platform responds to the billions of Apple devices shipped worldwide to date. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem. We operate in markets and languages that span the globe. We strive to provide the best search experience for our customers.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience building and scaling fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- 5-7 years of experience in software development.
- Experience developing high quality, high performance server software in Java.
- Hands on experience across the software engineering stack, including core backend systems, APIs, data pipelines, and infrastructure.
- Experience in the design and delivery of production infrastructure systems.
- Strong production debugging and performance tuning skills.
This is a software engineering role on the App Store team responsible for search and discovery. This role will be responsible for developing features and scaling them to power next generation Search products. Experience delivering high availability services for a large scale systems is required. The ability to quickly identify issues and diagnose problems in a highly distributed system deployed globally is critical.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related discipline, Masters or PhD preferred.
- Preferred Skills:
- - Deep understanding of the search and information retrieval fundamentals including indexing, query understanding, retrieval and ranking.
- - Experience building search solutions using Lucene / Solr / Elasticsearch or related search technologies.
- - Experience building real-time data ingestion pipelines using big data / streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Akka etc.
- - Familiarity developing and integrating microservices.
- - Familiarity with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development.
- - English language proficiency required. Additional language skills a plus. Professional proficiency or higher with any of the following languages: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Thai, Vietnamese.