Technical Partner Manager, Apple TV App
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
The new Apple TV app is all your TV. All in one app. Just the premium channels you want. Thousands of movies to buy or rent. Popular streaming services. The biggest TV providers. And original shows and movies from Apple TV+. It’s personalised and expertly curated, so you’ll discover the best of what’s on. And it’s all in one place. On all your screens. It’s simple — the new Apple TV app is the ultimate way to watch TV. The new Apple TV app is already available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4K, and Apple TV HD. And this fall, we’re bringing the Apple TV experience to Mac. It’s also coming to popular smart TVs, streaming boxes, and streaming sticks, starting with Samsung. Be a part of an exciting, growing team and help craft the future of video entertainment! This is a hands-on, partner support position responsible for handling our technical Apple TV app partner relationships, including public broadcasters, SVOD providers, MVPDs, and other industry-leading players. In this role, you’ll become an authority on our partners' product offering, on the Apple TV app, and how the two integrate. You will understand the complexities of streaming video services, catalog and availability metadata, plus video encoding and asset preparation.
- You will be able to demonstrate years of experience in any/all of the below:
- Video metadata;
- Streaming video services;
- Video assets and asset workflow;
- Digital content distribution;
- Technical media partner management;
- Knowledge of video and film industry standard specifications and digital media workflows;
- Public speaking and presentation skills;
- Analytical, inquisitive, and comfortable working with large data sets to form meaningful conclusions;
- Desire to be part of a growing team and helping to establish a business from scratch;
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple easy-to-understand terms for non-technical audiences;
- Results-oriented, upbeat, and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed;
- Passion for TV, film, and other video content;
- Experience working with a diverse group of media partners;
- Ability to work well with deadlines, with validated experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects;
- Flexible and versatile in nature, able to take on challenges while maintaining a sense of humour;
- Ability to work with changing and often ambiguous goals;
- Excellent English language skills required, additional language skills such as Japanese a plus;
- iOS development or scripting experience a plus.
You will be responsible for explaining, validating, and monitoring our partner integrations and strategic expansion initiatives; You will diagnose issues and identifying solutions with internal and external partners; Building relationships and consensus with video partners around the world and various internal Apple teams, including Business Development, Engineering, Editorial, Localisation, and more; Developing scalable processes for onboarding partners onto the Apple TV app platform; Tracking and reporting status of various projects with internal and external partners; Developing key critical metrics, success criteria, and measures to feed that reporting; Collaborating with Apple Engineering on improving internal tools and resolving bugs.