Consumer Receivables Accountant (supporting Japan market) - 6 months Contract
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. Teamwork is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) organization is looking for an AR Analyst to join the Order to Cash team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for administering and enforcing company polices and procedures; collection and reconciliation of regional AR accounts. The individual will be responsible for analytical reporting and should possess strong business acumen to support business initiative and lead changes.
- Able to use Excel and other tools to cope with daily data processing tasks.
- Able to learn internal systems to assist in daily reporting and monitoring tasks.
- Meticulous and attention to detail.
- Able to adapt to changing business priorities & timelines, and adjust tasks accordingly.
- Customer oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skill.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to tackle the unknown and seek out collaboration from co-process owners.
- Able to perform robust business process analysis, recommend and execute solutions.
- Experience with the SAP system is an advantage.
The position is required to perform reconciliation for Japan Retail receivables (i.e. credit card, cash and financing). The individual will have the opportunity to partner with our Retail operation colleagues and finance teams, and visit our Apple stores to support payments and resolve issues. He/she will be part of the growing payment industry and will be exposed to Apple projects that support Apple consumer business including our growing services business. The individual will also partner with key partners to drive operation excellence and global consistency in system and process to support business growth.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent technical experience