Regional Planning Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple’s Pacific Supply Demand Management (SDM) group is responsible for the finished goods planning for the entire Pacific Region (Asia, Australia/New Zealand, and Japan). By using both Supply and Demand levers, we seek to position products at the right place, right time, at optimal cost to maximise end consumer sales and achieve customer satisfaction. An opportunity exists for a bold, highly motivated professional to join the SDM team as a Regional Planning Manager. You will have direct responsibilities for a cross section of the Apple product portfolio both in terms of business and people.
- 7-10 years of work experience in Operations or Planning role. Preferably in FMCG or High Tech environment.
- Clear leadership abilities in dynamic and ambiguous environments. Can identify clearly key issues/priorities and communicate them appropriately
- Thinks strategically and can execute tactically
- Ability to dwell into details of planning process, systems and deliverables
- Excellent analytical skills, details oriented and meticulous with strong business sense
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly even under high stress/workload situations
- Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel (advanced level) preferred
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Business - Ensure team maximises sell through using both supply and demand levers while maintaining lean inventory and minimising costs - Lead team to completion of the weekly SDM cadence in time and with good quality, including but not limited to: OEM production requests, demand forecasts, customer shipment plan, inventory and billings forecasts - Managing relationships and partners' expectations across a wide range of partners teams: World-Wide Supply/ Demand Management in Cupertino, OEMs/Vendors, Product Launch Readiness, Route to Market (RTM) teams such as Reseller Operations and Retail Fulfilment Operations, Logistics, Finance, Sales and Senior Management - Provide management updates in weekly business review meetings - Build, maintain and use management system to manage key business performance indicators for assigned products - Take direct ownership of key business events for example: - Product transitions : planning for end of life product and new product introduction - Fiscal Quarter End Management: planning, forecasting and executing inventory plans - Drive implementation of project, systems and initiatives within the team PEOPLE - Managing planners work assignment and balancing appropriately workload - Planning for business continuity and succession - Provide coaching to planners under your responsibility and work with planner on their career development plan - Anticipate hurdles for team and drive mitigation actions - Lookout for business process automation and efficiency improvement opportunities