Data Engineer - App Store
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like the stimulation and challenges of building a world-class, extraordinary scalable system? Then this is the opportunity for you at Apple! The App Store data engineering team provides insights through data that drive decision making for our engineering and product teams. We are looking for a Data Pipeline Engineer that can automate and build data pipelines for our search and recommendations features. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. Be a part of an innovative impactful team making a difference..
- At least 3-5+years of practical experience with Big Data systems, ETL, data processing, and analytics tools
- Experience with big data systems and distributed computing, such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Proficient in using query languages such as SQL, Hive and SparkSQL.
- Experience with entity-relationship modelling and understanding of normalization.
- You’ve had to deal with sessionization of clickstream and time-series data is a plus.
- Familiar with the concepts of dimensional modelling.
- You’re comfortable maintaining a large software system and writing a test suite.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Version Control such as git and programming languages such as Scala, Spark or Python.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as GGplot, etc.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technology trends.
Our team design, execute and build tools for online experiments (A/B tests) and offline experiments (human relevance judgement) that help us improve and fine tune our data-driven features. Your primary focus will be to automate the delivery of various datasets by working with Data Scientists in our team to understand important KPIs and how they are derived. You will write and maintain the code that ingests, computes and organizes various data sets ADDITIONAL EXPECTATIONS OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE: - Work with software engineering teams to enhance data collection procedures. - Processing, cleansing, and validating the integrity of data used for analysis. - Engineer code that is durable and reliable. - Performance tune and optimize code as data grows and needs change. - Generate reports (that can be automated) to present key insights to stakeholders across engineering and product teams. - Passion for visualizing and making sense of data analysis.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ related field or relevant industry experience is required.