Logistics Services Specialist (12 months contract)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
The Pacific Logistics team is the heartbeat of Operations at Apple. Experience the best of both worlds, working with the best Logistics partners in the industry as well as the best minds within Logistics and other functions of Operations. Our Logistics partners move, store and orchestrate deliveries to all our customers within Asia Pacific, touching online consumers, Retail Store and Channel partners, including Telco, Reseller and Distributors. The Logistics team interfaces actively with various teams in Apple, including the Routes-to-Market fulfilment, AppleCare as well as the Retail Contact Centre teams, while working closely with our partners to ensure that the network is being run as efficiently as possible, in order to get deliveries to our customers in a timely manner. This position is for a Logistics Specialist role within our Logistics Services team. You will play an active role in ensuring customer happiness levels are consistently maintained, by handling and monitoring undelivered shipments, following up with both internal and external partners. You will work within a dynamic environment where you should be detail oriented, able to use data effectively to “tell the story”, take significant action and be part of a team that will influence change at different levels within Apple and with our Logistics partners.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years operational/ customer service experience in either the Logistics industry or within customer organisations handling Logistics partners
- Good written and oral communication as well as presentation skills
- You should preferably have experience with analytics and BI tools and also be good in Excel.
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Shown analytical skills and ability to look at operational data and reports daily, understand the broader context of issues and take effective steps to root cause and resolve scenarios or inspire change with the partners
- Experience working with and delivering to cross-functional partners
- Great Teammate, adaptable, flexible and open-minded to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment that undergoes constant change.
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines is important
You should possess a combination of operational and analytical skill sets. Operationally, the job requires optimisation of the customer fulfilment experience through monitoring key performance indicators as well as communicating and collaborating with our internal/external partners to resolve, handle and prevent shipping exceptions every day. Key internal partners include the Logistics Inbound, Outbound and Distribution Centre teams, Retail Contact Centre, Reseller Operations Shared Services and the Retail Fulfilment Operations team while third-party forwarders and warehouse providers form the bulk of our external partners. Additionally, you will need to identify process improvement opportunities and look into recommendations and alternatives at both a tactical and strategic level. An analytical mindset is required as there is a performance reporting element to the job. This necessitates analysing and understanding key behaviour of our partners to identify root causes and subsequently work with partners to apply relevant corrective actions. Perspective of the analytics will also need to be consistent through interactions with key partners in Logistics and the wider Operations team. There will be opportunities to work with the Business Process Re-engineering team to come up with tools, dashboards and reports to continuously improve processes and operational, analytics/ reporting efficiency. Support peak event execution activities as/when required is needed.
Education & Experience
Diploma or Degree in related field is a plus.
- A distinct passion for operations with good analytical skills; you should have the ability to evaluate, analyze and present data
- SUPERB COMMUNICATION AND PRESENTATION SKILLS
- Effective time management, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-pace, information-sensitive environment with tight deadlines.
- As this job is in direct relation to operational volumes, flexibility on working hours is occasionally required
- Organized and able to react to the challenges of a fast environment
- Creative thinker with a practical approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Positive energy and attitude with a thirst for personal growth