Software Engineer - Sensor Test (Panel, Process, Optics)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Apple is a place where extraordinary people team up to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Sensing Technology empowers Apple products with revolutionary features, such as TouchID, FaceID, TrueTone Display. The Apple Sensing Technology Engineering team is responsible for the research, design, development and, test of various of sensing hardware. This team is seeking for an exceptional software engineer with responsibilities of developing and deploying the test software for the mass production of various sensing hardware for Apple product line. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk!
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Solid hands-on experience in C/C++ or Objective-C programming.
- Good fundamental EE knowledge.
- A genuine passion for diagnosing hardware and software issues.
- Exceptional hardware/software problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in both oral and written English
- Industry exposure to object-oriented programming and knowledge of multi-threading, network socket would be a big plus.
- Work experience in consumer electronics test station/fixture software development and good understanding of optical sensing technology are huge plus.
- Self-motivated professional, ability to handle multi-tasking operations and deliver on a tight schedule.
- Excellent collaborative skill and ability to work in a highly cross-functional fast paced environment.
- Up to 25% international travel.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define the test methodology and coverage for various sensing hardware - Authoring sensor technology test engineering requirement documents - Design, develop and maintain the entire software for sensor test stations - Work as a team to prototype, bring up, debug and characterize test fixtures for new products - Work with both the internal team and the external vendors to optimize test system to meet Apple's quality standard for high volume production - Deliver executive level summary and presentation
Education & Experience
Degree/Master in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent