Tax Compliance Accountant
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Do your life’s best work here now! With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact, where you will share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class teammates, all with one unified vision—creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity and personal accountability, who value partnership, work product excellence and proactive thinking. If you share these values and want to be part of something big, contact us today. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) organization operates four shared service centers around the world today. As a regional hub, we continually strive to provide high standards of performance and to support the dramatic growth in the APAC region. We seek a high calibre Finance professional to be part of this global team. We are searching for a qualified accountant to be based in Singapore, reporting to the Senior Finance Manager in Singapore. You will be working closely with the regional GBS teams to meet deliverables aligned with key performance metrics and service level agreements defined with key stakeholders. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- More than 8 years of related finance and tax-related working experience, preferably in a dynamic MNC environment.
- Experience with the SAP system is an advantage.
- Meticulous and possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills. The ability to recognize issues within processes and organizations, while considering functional interdependencies.
- Ability to handle across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Possess a real passion for business process excellence.
- Mature, responsible, driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Problem solver who can critically analyze complex information and extract insights to drive business decisions and solutions
- Ability to break down business decisions into a detailed action plan and follow-through to deliver results
- Strong communicator who can build strong cross-functional partnerships and drive collaboration to influence appropriate outcomes
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude with a willingness to dive into the details to lead change with minimal supervision
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
You will be driving compliance initiatives, best in class systems and processes in Asia Pacific region extending to global processes. This includes working in close collaboration with team members and other functional teams in implementing changes and driving consistency as well as identifying standardization and simplification opportunities. As part organization that promotes excellence, you will ensure the robustness of the processes and internal controls as well as taking personal leadership to maintain the highest standard of controls and compliance. You will also play an active role in ensuring completion and successful implementation of ad hoc projects, making recommendations as necessary to support business operations. You will build and contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy. IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR: Fiduciary responsibilities and Compliance - External leadership for tax authority interaction - Drive effective and efficient tax audit to closure for corporate and indirect taxes - Lead, guide and handle tax audit, including assess scope and tax audit risk - Collaborate with tax consultants to analyze tax audit issues, provide recommendations and drive resolution of any tax audit findings - Lead contact and interactions during tax audit, facilitate proper documentation gathering and information collation as well as timely submission of required documents - Lead onsite meetings and conduct interviews with tax authority - Drive the relationships with key tax agents/consultants CHANGE MANAGEMENT - Monitor, review and work across GBS organization for standard methodologies implementation or necessary processes arising from tax audit findings or in response to new regulations, policies and business strategy changes - Liaise with teams across Apple to ensure that corporate policies and internal controls are applied consistently PROJECTS AND NEW BUSINESS MODELS - Ensure APAC requirements are factored into all systems projects so as to build efficient end-to-end process and great customer experience - Participate in Global and Asia Pacific initiatives, as and when assigned. Occasional travel is required
Education & Experience
Degree in Accountancy/Business or equivalent.