Performance Engineer/Senior Engineer, Apple Media Products
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine owning the effort to define fast response times for a new service Apple will ship next year. Where do you begin? Which tools will you apply to ensure a flawless user experience to users around the world? How will you ensure your solutions will scale to hundreds of millions of users? Apple's Media Products Performance team is looking for an engineer that thrives solving challenging problems across a wide variety of environments, all to provide a better customer experience. We want an individual that believes communication and collaboration are critical to success.
- Minimum five years industry experience improving performance of large-scale services.
- Curiosity and persistence to identify and resolve bottlenecks
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Enjoys learning new skills and technologies
- Familiar with basic statistics and visualisations (median, 90th percentile, histograms, etc.)
- Humility when intuition and data disagree
- Capable of untangling complicated problems into smaller deliverables
- Effective consensus-building among cross-functional teams
We are looking for a self-starting, ambitious individual with very strong leadership and technical capabilities. You desire to lead outstanding engineering teams to evaluate the entire performance path of AMP services, and direct leading-edge technological and design innovation. You will not be afraid to question assumptions and possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. You should possess the ability to envision how to engage developer teams, matching tools, education and insight for how to best improve performance.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant industry experience preferred
- - A desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- - You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- - You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
- - Strong collaboration and inter-personal skills
- - Passionate about technology and its applications with a desire to innovate
- - We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company