Software Engineer/Senior Engineer - Machine Learning & Algorithms, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives! Do you enjoy working on challenges that are not yet solved? Imagine what you could do here at Apple. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices. Meanwhile, we help publishers and developers to promote and monetize their work. We are a team of passionate scientists and technologists, dedicated to help publishers and developers find their audience, and changing the way advertising works with data. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We are looking for an ambitious individual who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will develop, implement and deploy to production new advertising algorithms and supporting capabilities. The position also involves developing a keen understanding of the ad network behavior; detecting important data patterns; assuring the integrity and breadth of the data; measuring user, campaign and app performance; and finally analyzing the results of very large-scale experiments. In particular, this position will focus on making sure our advertising is meaningful and relevant in Asian languages and markets by developing new language and regional models incorporating localized, contextual and relevant information.
- You can apply advanced statistical methods and work with large, complex data sets.
- You can actively participate in investigations into multiple streams of ads quality data, and draw conclusions from data, recommend actions.
- You have experience in some of the following domains: Algorithms, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Database Systems, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, Networking, Statistics, Game Theory, Auction Design, or other experience with rigorous Quantitative Analysis or Systems Software implementation.
- You have had to develop in Python or Java.
- You are familiar with databases, SQL, and scripting languages.
- You have a practical understanding of modern machine learning and its components.
- You enjoy working closely with operational teams on deployment, monitoring, and management concerns.
- You can take requirements from design through to implementation both independently and with larger teams.
At Ad Platforms, we are constantly improving our algorithms to provide amazing user experiences and drive value for publishers and developers. You will find opportunities for improvement in our platform and build out data products that drive value for our advertisers. You will invent, design and implement new algorithms using machine learning and data science systems. You will have the opportunity to design and implement experimentation strategies to understand the impact of new models, work with cross functional teams to prototype new concepts, and deliver end-to-end systems in an agile setting. You will work with colleagues on a shared code base, sharing and contributing in a highly collaborative environment.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in computer science or equivalent field with 7+ years relevant experience