Business Development Manager, Apple Pay E-commerce (ANZ + SEA region)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sales and Business Development
Apple Pay is seeking an experienced Business Development professional to join the Apple Pay team to develop and implement partnerships with e-commerce merchants, Payment Service Providers, Processors, and various enablers in the Australia, NZ and South East Asia region. Partnerships will be focused on securing and enabling acceptance of Apple Pay in merchant Apps and on the Web. You will work closely and effectively with Apple Pay business leaders, Worldwide Developer Relations, product marketing, and engineering product teams to execute partnership strategies that impact core business metrics. You should have experience building and sustaining strong, successful relationships across the e-commerce value chain. You will have extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of online payment including its inherent risks (e.g. fraud, acceptance costs) and issues (e.g. low conversion); understanding of the e-commerce ecosystem; emerging mobile payments; and be technically proficient to lead iOS SDK feature enablement discussions. Demonstrated passion to ideate, create and deliver new, innovative customer experiences with merchants and their e-commerce vendors though the introduction of Apple Pay is a plus. This is a full-time position in Apple Pay and will be located in our Sydney office.
- Ability to evangelise new payment products and technologies and speak fluidly to positively influence highly technical and non-technical decision makers.
- Skilled at helping partners identify, navigate and overcome technical or systematic complexities to drive adoption of new technology.
- Proven success executing high impact deals that delivered across key business metrics.
- Experience in structuring and negotiating business and technical terms to close with strategic partners.
- Excellent judgment, presence and mature personality; experience working with executives.
- Direct experience working with (especially promoting payment product acceptance) various online merchant segments, PSPs, payment schemes, and processors.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - written and verbal.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a fast paced environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity.
- Adept with technology and a strategic problem solver - instinctively knows what is best for Apple and the customer.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Upbeat and collaborative teammate who feeds off of goal setting and achievement.
- Team worker with a proven track record of working with initiative both within and across functions.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Extensive professional experience with excellent and proven related business development experience in high growth consumer internet/technology companies.
Identify and build strategic pipeline of prospective partners with scalable approach to increase merchant adoption of Apple Pay. Successfully navigate partner landscape to identify key decision makers and negotiate deal terms to close. Participate internally on cross-functional teams to define partners, product requirements, negotiation strategies, integration and testing plans and go-to-market launch programs. Continually lead partnerships delivering new feature improvements and ongoing support to drive customer trial and usage. Provide regular communications to internal teams regarding partnership strategy and results. Travel is required. Countries covered include: Australia, NZ, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, and Indonesia.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S./M.S. EE/CS or equivalent