Network Reliability Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. JMET is a unique security engineering group within Apple IS&T. We provide critical services for the company across every product line. From manufacturing to customer facing, our services span across the entire lifecycle of most Apple hardware. We are responsible to design, implement and support the ongoing need to improve customer safety and privacy by providing security services that are tightly coupled with hardware. Many of our services are seen in iOS Security Guide or publicly discussed on internet forums. JMET Network reliability engineer is a highly technical, hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The candidate will need to have multidisciplinary expertise in networking, security and DevOps domains and will be responsible for crafting, supporting and securing critical networks deployed in global locations.
- Technical expertise in designing, deploying and maintaining critical network infrastructure in a SRE/DevOps environment
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of handling network infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Hands on experience of implementing network automation techniques.
- Experience in full time developer role is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of LAN/WLAN security and able to build security into network design and implementation.
- Expert level troubleshooting skills of sophisticated LAN/WAN issues and proficient in packet analysis using tools such as Wireshark.
- Experience and understanding of virtual and software-defined network (SDN)
- Experience with MPLS networks and products including traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN, and VRF.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on skills in implementing and configuring multi-vendor network security solutions (e.g. firewall, IDS/IPS, Proxy and content filtering.)
- A standout colleague with high degree of flexibility
- Experience working in global organizations with diversified cultural, language and time zone environment
- Willing and flexible to travel
This role holds full responsibilities and ownership of engineering critical network infrastructure operating in a diversified and highly secured environment. The existing scope of the work includes the following and will be extended with emerging new technology and new business initiatives. - Embrace infrastructure as code to define, build and operate network infrastructure. - Design and build service-objective aligned new network infrastructure including engineering specifications, solution selections, resource tuning and optimization. - Measure, supervise and automate reliability of network infrastructure with engineering approach. - Automate, fix and optimize existing LAN/WLAN/WAN infrastructure in multiple global locations - Manage network devices which includes but not limited to - Configuration and maintenance of Load Balancer Hardware - Configuration and maintenance of Console server hardware - Configuration and maintenance of Layer 2 Switches - Configuration and maintenance of Layer 3 Routers - Configuration and maintenance of Layer 3 Firewalls - Document network infrastructure and design - On-call support duty
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or equivalent work experience