Software Engineer, CI/CD Automation
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power Apple TV, Apple Music, the App Store, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a huge scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver rich content in over 40 languages to more than 150 countries. These engineers build from scratch. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative content, the tools that providers use to deliver content, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services. Thanks to Apple’s unique integration of hardware, software, and services, engineers here partner to get behind a single unified vision. That vision always includes a profound respect for privacy, one of Apple’s core values. Although services are a bigger part of Apple’s business than ever before, these teams remain small, nimble, and cross-functional, offering greater exposure to the array of opportunities here.
- 2-3 years prior programming experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining durable, fault-tolerant software that can adapt over time to diagnose specific errors and warnings.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, test methodologies, testing tools and a passion for high quality processes.
- Experience coding unit tests, integration tests, regressions tests and execution of tests in an automation framework.
- Experience with service oriented architectures running 24x7 in multiple data centers.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong programming fundamentals and prior programming or automation experience to handle responsibilities which will span all phases of development. You will be creating tools with automated checks and monitoring to improve the overall speed, quality and automation of our release cycle. As development progresses, you will work closely with engineers to build and maintain automated test suites and infrastructure. Along the way, you will build knowledge of issues with our products and expand the automation test suites to cover those. We push the boundaries of high performance, scalability and big data. At the same time we get to work with amazing designers that transform our work into easy-to-use features that are localized across the globe.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Preferred Skills
- - Experience with automating a CI/CD release process.
- - Programming experience with shell scripting, Python.
- - Experience with Java-based software build tools like Gradle, Maven, Ant.
- - Experience with Docker based applications.
- - Experience collaborating closely with engineering and platform teams.
- - Experience with AWS environments.
- - Experience with Puppet configuration management