APAC Clean Energy Policy Strategist
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Are you a systems thinker and self-starter? Do you thrive in driving meaningful action through ambiguous situations? Are you passionate about renewable energy and combating climate change? We celebrate diversity and the innovation that it spurs in everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. As a clean energy policy strategist on Apple’s Government Affairs team, you will manage and drive the adoption of renewable energy policy in support of Apple’s environmental goals. You will partner closely with Apple’s Supplier Clean Energy Program and contribute to Apple’s broader environmental strategy. ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENTAL GOALS: Apple has set a groundbreaking new goal to further reduce our impact on the planet. Apple is committed to total carbon neutrality by 2030. Nearly half of Apple’s comprehensive carbon footprint comes from electricity used to manufacture our products. So, in addition to helping our manufacturing partners reduce their energy use, we are helping them transition to 100 percent renewable electricity. We launched the Supplier Clean Energy Program in October 2015 to advance those goals through our manufacturing supply chain. As of April 2020, 68 manufacturing partners in 17 different countries have committed to 100 percent renewable energy for Apple production. The Supplier Clean Energy Program now has 7.8 gigawatts of clean energy commitments, of which 2.7 gigawatts was operational in 2019. This person will identify, develop and execute strategies to increase the amount of renewable energy in the grids that our suppliers operate and enable corporate access to cost-effective renewable energy in Asia.
- You have 10+ years of professional experience in advocacy, corporate strategy and have experience with the energy sector.
- You are passionate about renewable energy and combating climate change.
- You are fluent in electricity markets, energy markets and the dynamics between commercial and industrial customers, regulators and energy providers.
- You have APAC specific experience with a strong network relevant to the topic and the region.
- You have a good sense for timing and method of engagement with stakeholders.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate technical information in a concise way to a non-technical audience, and vice versa.
- You have extraordinary program and project management experience; able to run and organize multiple projects with competing priorities and different timescales; supreme attention to detail.
- You have experience working in and building cross-functional teams, resolving issues and building consensus during the entire project lifecycle
- You will understand existing industrial, energy and electricity governmental policies across multiple APAC countries and understand the policies that corporates need in order to more easily access cost-effective renewable energy. - You will identify gaps in current policy frameworks and will track ongoing policy and political developments, working closely with the local Government Affairs teams and the Supplier Clean Energy Program. - You will develop policy strategies with the Supplier Clean Energy Program to advance supplier renewable energy procurement in APAC and will work cross-functionally to execute on the strategy. - You will build coalitions with relevant stakeholders (Ministries, industry associations, NGOs, suppliers, utilities, other corporates, etc.) to develop and enact new policies. In collaboration with Supplier Clean Energy Program and other cross-functional teams, you will: -Represent Apple to relevant Ministries. -Support development of local industry associations and engage to align Apple and industry association priorities. -Engage local NGOs and global NGOs. -Engage suppliers in industry associations and/or specific policy advocacy. -Engage other corporate allies and their local offices. - You will become a credible voice with stakeholders in-country and represent Apple in-country.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.