Senior Business Analyst, Logistics
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
The APAC Inbound team is seeking to hire a Senior Business Analyst. The role will be focusing on optimisation projects, cross-country initiatives and system developments, while encompassing all aspects of International Air & Ocean Bulk operations within the PAC region. The position is based in Singapore and reports to the Senior Manager Inbound. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Air & Ocean operations as well as analytical skills with the ability to dissect data and understand operational capabilities and limitations in order to develop and lead change in line with Apple’s overall Supply Chain goals. This role will require the person to work with various internal partners as well as external suppliers.
- Solid background in Air & Ocean operations, preferably with experiencing in Freight Forwarding or in managing 3PL suppliers
- Analytical person with the ability to quickly understand business processes and business drivers
- Affinity and experience in operational systems & tools, e.g. Transport Management Systems (TMS)
- Ability to manage complex projects in a matrix organization
- A desire to operate hands on in the role and have excellent verbal, analytical, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- The appetite of a self-starter who is motivated and innovative, with a high tolerance of stress in managing multiple priorities and meeting all deadlines
- Strong communication skills in English
- Ability to travel within APAC and internationally
The successful candidate will be expected to drive assigned projects & initiatives within the APAC Inbound space. These could be APAC specific or under World Wide scope and focus on process or system changes and other optimisations. The person will form part of the APAC Inbound team and work hand in hand with the Regional Supplier Managers who are managing the day to day operations and 3PL suppliers by country. A key part of the role will be to understand and demonstrate the existing Supply Chain concepts and opportunities with a view to drive improvements and standardisations across the region, including relevant systems & tools. The candidate will manage the implementation of initiatives on behalf of the entire APAC Inbound team and work closely with the relevant internal and external partners, such as Supply Chain and Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) teams. The person will drive innovative and challenging thinking in our approach to Bulk supply chains. Self-Motivated evaluation of current business processes and identification of opportunities to improve will be critical in this role. The candidate must be able to present comprehensive proposals for enhancements based on investigations & analysis undertaken as well as collaboration and brain storming within the Inbound team. The role also includes engagement with Finance to focus on the identification of supply chain cost challenges and opportunities by product and by route to market. The person has a strong ability to maintain and develop relationships, within a project and the overall PAC Logistics team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or equivalent degree with emphasis on logistics and supply chain as well as 5 years of relevant working experience
- Prior experience with Transport Management Systems (TMS) is beneficial