Conversational Interactions Designer - Japan Webchat
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play be a part in the next evolution of human-computer interaction through texting (consider Messages or Text)? Would you like to develop a product that is redefining customer interactions? The Apple Retail Conversational Systems team is seeking a highly experienced Conversational Interactions Designer to develop new human-computer interactions, behaviors, features and to improve the usability of existing ones. We are helping simplify the way Apple customers engaged with us through iMessage and other messaging platform. We want to humanize the technology, so that when customers engage with us, it feels like they are just connecting with a friend, any place, any time, at their own convenience.
- Written / spoken proficiency in both English and Japanese languages
- 4+ years work experience in interaction design for consumer products, Conversational Agents or Voice Assistant (Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant)
- You have experience building and tuning large text recognition or NLP systems.
- You have experience in Machine Learning / NLP systems in a multi-lingual setting.
- Demonstrable experience in articulating, negotiating, and refining design solutions with partners using data and design standard methodology.
- Experience collaborating with Machine Learning / NLP engineers and other development team members.
- You are proactive and curious with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to optimize.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- You can influence decisions with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong abilities in sketching, mocking up, and evaluating interaction design.
- A solid portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work.
- Experience as a design lead and are able to lead and grow a team of high performing designers
- Interactive prototyping skills
- Technical writing and communications design
You will lead the personality design for the customer facing product. You will demonstrate Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning to uncover deep customer insights from chat interactions to drive next generation product and operational initiatives in optimizing customer journey and improving customer experience. You will direct activities for Conversational AI / Natural Language Processing / Machine Learning platform for Retail Conversation Systems. You will conduct weekly review of Machine Learning classification and prediction performance, identify weak spots, and execute activities to improve prediction accuracy rate. You will direct development and testing of external customer facing chat channels which is powered by this platform, to support next generation experiences; Write specifications and business case in order to drive next generation features and improve prediction accuracy rate. You will define, plan and deliver customer facing conversational interaction features, working closely with engineering, design and other multi-functional PMs; be the voice of customer and champion features; Communicate project status to multi-functional leads, present in executive reviews and create prototype through Sketch application and product demos; You will write specifications and be the SME of logical data flow diagrams, applying a broad range of user experience design skills (including Heuristic Evaluation and design thinking) to envision, design, and specify conversational behaviors; You will analyze content domains, build use cases, define query patterns, determine interaction flows, build design specifications, and craft responses; You will partner closely with teams like Data Science, Strategy, Product Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to identify core pillars and MVPs.
Education & Experience
Professional qualifications and/or relevant industry experience.