Indirect Tax Accountant (Japanese language)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Team up with Apple, the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its impressive lineup of products, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod and iTunes. At Apple, you can share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class managers, all with one unified vision, to create innovative products that delight our customers. Finance is about supporting that innovative culture, accomplished by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, commitment to excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) organization operates four shared service centers around the world today. As a regional hub, we continually strive to provide high standards of performance and to support the explosive growth in the Asia Pacific region. We seek a high calibre finance professional, as an Indirect Tax Accountant, to join the Record to Report (R2R) team. This role handles indirect taxes compliance and filing, through collaborating with teams regionally and globally, to achieve the highest standard of controls and operational excellence for Apple.
- At least 6 years of related commercial experience, of which at least 2 years are in an MNC, fast-paced, voluminous transactional environment
- Experience in indirect tax will be preferred
- Experience in SAP system will be an advantage
- Strong analytical capability with attention to details
- Meticulous with strong problem-solving skills. The ability to recognize issues within processes and organisations, while considering functional interdependencies.
- Customer oriented with excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Mature, responsible, driven and able to work independently with minimal direction
- Effective teammate and enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Japanese language skill is an advantage in order to support the respective entity
We are searching for an Indirect Tax Accountant reporting to Finance Manager in Singapore. You will support the R2R Finance Manager in driving consistent, outstanding systems and processes related to tax filing and compliance for indirect taxes, such as VAT, WHT, etc. for various APAC entities. You will be required to ensure accurate documentation on procedures and controls are in place, prepare periodic Balance Sheet Reconciliation and accurately account for indirect tax. You will also be working with the team, regionally and globally, to identify consistent and effective process improvement opportunities and lead in automation solutions so as to build consistent best-in-class systems and processes. As part of an organization that promotes excellence, you will ensure robustness of the processes and internal controls as well as taking personal leadership to develop and drive a strong control environment to maintain the highest standard of controls and compliance, at the same time, find opportunities for streamlining and driving consistency of current processes. You will be committed to partner with corporate and regional and local teams to meet deliverables that are aligned with key performance metrics and service level agreements defined with key partners. Additionally, you will play an active role in ensuring completion and successful implementation of ad hoc projects, making recommendations as necessary to support business operations and expansion.
Education & Experience
Degree in Accounting/Finance, ACCA or equivalent.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.