Business Strategy & Planning Manager - ANZ, SEA, India - App Store & iTunes International (12-month Contract)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
The people who work at Apple have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. We are deeply passionate about apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books. It’s a force that drives and inspires every one of us every single day. The passion for innovation that goes into our products applies to our practices as well, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you share this passion? If so, we are seeking an exceptional and highly driven individual to join our Business Strategy & Planning team to cover Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia and India. This team is part of Apple’s International Content & Services team, which covers the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, Apple TV, Arcade, Apple Books, Apple News and iCloud businesses, across all international markets. As the Business Strategy & Planning lead, you will support our local services business leaders to make decisions that drive business growth and performance. The breadth of the role is varied and covers business planning & strategy, commercial initiatives, business performance reviews, strategic partner engagement, and market & competitive insights. The role offers the opportunity to work on both tactical actions that drive our near-term business performance, and strategic agenda that will define our future. An open mind, intellectual curiosity, analytical approach, and an eagerness to problem-solve are essential. This role reports to the Senior Business Strategy & Planning Manager for Asia Pacific, and is based in Singapore.
- You will possess a strong business and analysis background, preferably from a top consultancy related to telecom, media and technology, and/or in-house in a strategy or business planning role at a leading related company.
- You will have a strong understanding of the digital and mobile media and entertainment landscape, and Apple’s role within it.
- You will have a natural aptitude for translating data into insights, and the ability to define and influence new strategies based on these insights.
- You will have the ability to solve complex, cross-functional business problems while dealing with challenging deadlines and opposing priorities.
- You will be flexible and adaptable to manage the varying demands of a fast moving business.
- You will have strong quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in spreadsheet applications.
- You will have outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- You embrace having a hands-on attitude and always pay attention to the finest of detail.
- Business strategy and planning: Partner with the services leadership in defining ambition levels, setting priorities and shaping business plans, and provide recommendations on how to grow the region’s portfolio of services. - Strategic & commercial initiatives: Identify, analyse and prioritise business opportunities and initiatives. - Business performance reviews & reporting: Take a data-led approach to understanding the performance and underlying drivers of Apple’s services businesses, and lead business reporting to senior leadership. - Strategic partner engagement: Lead business reviews and support negotiations with key local partners. - Market & competitive insights: Support leadership in understanding market trends and the local competitive landscape and dynamics.
Education & Experience
- University degree. - Relevant experience in management consulting, strategy or business planning roles with a TMT focus. - A strong understanding of the digital content space, entertainment industry structures and business models including subscriptions.
- - Fluent English is required.