Software Engineer, Security Server Applications
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Imagine what you we could do together. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. JMET is an unusual security engineering group within Apple IS&T. We provide critical services for the company across every product line. From manufacturing to customer facing, our services span across the entire lifecycle of most Apple hardware. We are responsible to design, implement and support the ongoing need to improve customer safety and privacy by providing security services that are tightly coupled with hardware. Many of our services are seen in iOS Security Guide or publicly discussed on Internet forums. As an engineer, you will participate in initiatives that are essential to the success of upcoming product launches and product security initiatives. You will also work with large cross functional teams to align the expectations and validate work you're doing.
- Strong programming expertise in Java and C.
- Understanding of PKI, X.509, ASN.1, key exchange protocols, and authentication protocols
- Engineer with good understanding of various distributed system concepts.
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Unix / Linux proficiency with proficiency in scripting languages like Python, Perl, or bash
- Experience with various database technologies
- Good to have:
- Knowledge of queueing transports, data persistence and replication.
- Java and Unix performance monitoring and tuning.
- Familiar with container based application development.
- Dedicated and self-starting with good people skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
We are looking for a skilled programmer to work on server-side security software development. This software enables Apple to further improve the security features of current and future products. It requires a deep understanding of various security concepts and design patterns to produce high-quality, highly scalable multi-tenant applications. This individual is also expected to work with partners, project managers, and cross-discipline teams to understand and capture requirements. Lastly, you should be passionate about writing good quality code and appropriate to go through the scrutiny of detailed audits.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent 5+ years of experience in Security Engineering preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.