Site Reliability Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. JMET is a unique security engineering group within Apple IS&T. We provide critical services for the company across every product line. From manufacturing to customer facing, our services span across the entire lifecycle of iOS devices. We are responsible to design, implement and support the ongoing need to improve customer safety and privacy by providing security services that are tightly coupled with hardwares. Many of our services are seen in iOS Security Guide or publicly discussed on Internet forums. As an Engineer, you will support our applications and services for uninterrupted mass production and end users facing environment, which are essential to the success of upcoming product launches and customers satisfaction
- You possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High ownership and able to lead a team to resolve complex problems
- Familiarity with web application servers such as JBoss/Tomcat in Unix/Linux environment
- Deep understanding of various configuration/settings for web applications
- Good understanding of databases technologies such as Oracle/MySQL and Cassandra
- Infrastructure knowledge: security, network firewall, load balancer etc
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environment.
- Familiarity with scripting such as bash/Perl/Python
- The main responsibilities for this position include providing support for application issues, as well as various operational tasks such as management and deployment of the application. - You will work closely with development team to gain in-depth knowledge to learn about how each application server works in terms of business logic, security aspects, deployment environments and the relevant software processes involved. - As an Engineer, you are a self starter with a knack for debugging complex issues. There are opportunities to do programming to help automate application setup/config, monitor, deployment and sanity testing. - There may be occasional travels required to provide on-site support and perform deployment tasks.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or relevant studies, MS preferred
- - Hardworking and self-motivated
- - Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- - Willingness to take a lead for the project and work with the team to get the job done
- - Good project management techniques
- - Ability to work with multi-functional teams within organization
- - Knowledge of Java
- - DevOps background, security practices for DevOps
- - Understanding of security concepts such as PKI
- - Experience in application log parsing, Splunk or any other dashboard technology.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.